Roon is not adding to library for Tidal or Qobuz

Hi,
In the last couple of days, anything from Tidal or Qobuz that I try to add to my library keeps spinning around. Then I get a message that Roon is taking longer than normal to add this to the library and will keep trying in the background. But when I check later, it has not been added.

Did you reboot EVERYTHING after the recent updates? If that doesn’t work, you could trying signing out and back into Tidal and Qobuz. They are working OK for me.

Hi @Subroto_Banerjee

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hello @Subroto_Banerjee, Carl’s request for your setup details is correct as it will help us understand what you’re seeing on your end. Information about your network setup would be most helpful in this case.

Have you disabled your firewall and antivirus temporarily to see if this helps? Also, welcome to the community!

My Roon ROCK is running on an Intel NUC7i7BNH with a 8GB DDR4 SODIMM memory and Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA internal SSD. My operating system is build 219 and server softwareis build 571.

I have not made any changes to my firewall and security in the last year or longer and no changes to my network switch or modem.

I am using a Metrum Ambre as my end point and my iPad (iOs 13.5.1) as my controller.

I have restarted my server software and reinstalled my OS.

Hello @Subroto_Banerjee, can you elaborate on what router you’re using, any switches, etc.? How is your NUC connected to the network.

My apologies, I was asking if you could disable these temporarily to test if a positive impact was made by doing so, thanks!

I am using a Silent Angel Bonn N8 network switch to connect to my main router.

Streaming works, adding to library does not. How does my setup which I have not changed for a few months affect this?

Hello @Subroto_Banerjee, one of our standard procedures is to simplify your setup which helps us remove extraneous variables. So if we start removing pieces and things start working, we know what pieces to look at.

I’m glad streaming works, and just so I have clear steps are you favoriting these albums in TIDAL and forcing a sync to Roon or are you adding the albums to your library directly through Roon?

I am having the same problem. Also running Roon ROCK on i7 NUC (NUC8i7BEH in my case). I can’t add albums from either Qobuz or Tidal. Using ipad running latest ios. All software is up to date.

Apparently I wasn’t on the latest build. For some reason, it was not automatically telling me that an update was available. It took two attempts to get ROCK to update to the latest build, but I am now on 571 and adding albums is now working again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.