Roon is slow since last Google network failure

Roon Core Machine

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC 64 bits

Asus MoBo/intel Core i5-2500k CPU/8 Go RAM

Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Arris TM722G Cable Modem/Ethernet/Asus RT-N66U/Ethernet/Sonore OpticalModule/Ethernet Fiber/Sonore OpticalRendu/USB/Benchmark DAC3HGC

Description Of Issue

Roon has been running fine before Roon Service was lost due to Google network issues. It can take a few minutes before receiving search results, getting an album to play, skipping tracks on an album, etc.

My web connection is fine (60 MBs Downstream/ 11 MBs upstream). No problem surfing on the web or downloading files. Only the Roon service is extremly slow.

Is it the same if you play out of the core machine?

Yes, it is the same behavior.

Forgot to mention that it is slow about 50% of my playtime.

Hello! Am I in the support section or not? Is there anybody working on my case or not?

Was just listening to an album and was just skipping a track, it took about one minute to get the wanted track…My Internet provider speed test gave me 67.8 Mbps/11.8 Mbps…

Tagging @support

Hello @Daniel_Babeux, I don’t believe this issue would be related to the google service outage. Could you please give everything a reboot (including router and other network devices) and see if you can still reproduce the issue? Thanks!

Done. I will provide some feedback in next 1-2 days.

Thanks.

The issue is not completely gone, but does occur much less frequently than before the reboot. So I’m happy now. I guess we can close this ticket now.

Windows 10 PC 64 bits

Asus MoBo/intel Core i5-2500k CPU/8 Go RAM

Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Arris TM722G Cable Modem/Ethernet/Asus RT-N66U/Ethernet/Sonore OpticalModule/Ethernet Fiber/Sonore OpticalRendu/USB/Benchmark DAC3HGC

Description Of Issue @support

I have written about this issue 2 weeks ago, with partial resolution. When I try to play a downloaded album either from Tidal or local network album it can take up to a minute before Roon reacts. Same when I try to skip tracks on an album.Yesterday the issue appeared again and I was fortunate to have the Windows 10 Task Manager operating. Here is a screen shot indicating what was going on:

Once the Roon request was completed, memory usage dropped from 72% (66% when I did the screen shot) to 42% and energy consumption dropped from ‘Very high’ to ‘Very low’. Roon ran correctly afterwards.

Why does it take so long to get an answer? @support

I confirm - VERY slow
It’s time to expand Roon servers Farm. Time to invest…

I’ve reopened that topic and merged so all the history is together.

Thank you Carl.

1 Like

I just ordered extra SDRAM which will bring my machine from 8G to 16 G. Will see if this helps or not.

Just installed new 16G memory. Will be monitoring Roon over the next few days.

This morning around 8:32 (Canada Eastern time) I tried to view the ‘New Albums’ in the ‘Retro’ section. It took about a minute to show the new albums. During that period, the processor requirements in Windows ‘Task Manager’ rose to 52% with ‘energy consumption’ rising to ‘Very high’. Once the ‘New Albums’ request was accomodated, processing requirements dropped down to 5% with ‘Low’ energy consumption. Any suggestions?

This morning at 11:56 (Canada Eastern time) tried to download ‘Rival Sons- Feral Roots’ album. Took over a minute to download. Processor activity was at 53%, before I could do the capture screen.

Hello @Daniel_Babeux,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers.

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.