Roon is stuck importing music with "X" amount of files remaining [Resolved B247]

Hi!
I have the same problem. OSX 10.12.5, Itunes Library on FireWire disk attachted to dedicated Roon Server MacMini. After Importing whole library roon stucked with:
Adding Music Music To Library: of 18 tracks, 18 added, 0 identified
Can I send You my roon log?
@support

Hi @Pieter-Jan_Lanssens ----- Thank you for your patience! I have an update from my team and will be contacting you via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Hi
Thanks for fast response. I checked “skipped”. Don’t know how to check DRM files?
Sending my logs.zip - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2YpbJIKEJ42WGtpUjJOX1hTQk0

There is also second problem: after last update of roon server there are music dropouts and dialog box with - files are loading slowly, might be performance problem… Files are stored on firewire Disk 2,5T connected to dedicated MacMini (only roon server)----ethernet bridge (Thunderbolt/Ethernet)----CAT6----sms-200----m2techHiface Evo—DAC.
It’s very disturbing (almost every track) - I noticed that there is no dropouts when playing from SSD on MacMini.
Could you help with that as well?

Hi @Pawel_Rybak ----- I saw you had posted on this thread, as well as having opened a another topic addressing the same issue. I have since closed the other thread and moved your response over to this one, in order to keep all of your information in single location. We encourage users to not post in multiple location (addressing the same issue) as it makes keeping track of everything difficult.

Moving forward, confirming that your logs have been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech team. Once my report has been updated and passed back, I will be sure to reach out, asap, with the team’s thoughts/findings. Some more information on how you can tell if contented is DRM protected can be found here.

Lastly, in terms of this other behavior you’ve reported. Please start a new topic, being sure to flag support (i.e. @support) and we’ll be glad to lend a hand.

Thank you!
-Eric

Hi @Rob_Stone ---- Thank you for your patience!

My team has completed their analysis of your logs and would like me to grab another set from you. This time however, they would like you to use a “command line flag” for additional logging. I will be contacting you via PM with instructions momentarily.

-Eric

Hi,

I have a problem which seems to have occurred to others before, but reading the threads isn’t very enlightening as to what the cure might be and none are recent.

System is latest ROCK, Version 1.0 (build 76) stable, with Server Version 1.3 (build 242) stable. Hardware is standard NUC 7i7BNH, 8GB RAM and 120GB SSD (91% free space). Everything wired Ethernet apart from iPad Remote of course. No LAN extenders or other dodgy hardware. Music stored on two Synology NAS.

The last similar thread seems to be this one:
Stuck adding music to library, some tracks still lack to be identified [Solved] , but that seems to contain two issues.

I updated to the latest ROCK build yesterday and since then I have had the spinning icon with the following showing:

A full rescan of my watched folders was triggered by the update and that is the result. It picked up around 600 tracks and was left with these 10.

This did happen once before on the original release build of ROCK at one point, but it resolved itself overnight that time with no clues as to what caused it.

So far I have done the following:
Restarted the Roon Server software twice to try and clear it (via the web interface) but with no change.
Toggled Off/On both Background Audio Analysis Speed and on Demand Audio Analysis Speed, with no change.
Cleaned the Library (I do this regularly anyway).

I have not powered off ROCK yet for a full restart, but really should not have to do this with an ‘appliance’.

If I could identify the 10 ‘stuck’ tracks that would help, but I have a fair number of tracks not imported due to being corrupt etc, but this should not cause Roon to get stuck in this way as all of them have been known about/identified as ‘Skipped Files’ since I first installed Roon for the 14 day trial.
When transferring files to the NAS, I am careful to exclude any characters which might trip up Roon, but these should just result in an exclusion rather than cause it to get stuck.

I’m also having this issue.

On a mac running roon app (1.3 build 242). 66616 tracks imported and identified, but the library is stuck on these 20.

Audio analysis is complete.

New albums that are added identify very quickly.

I’ve tried:

• Searching for small mp3 files, found a few, removed them, restarted, forced rescan.
  • Going through log files for anything suspect, removed a few tracks that I found in there.

I want to move the library from my laptop to my server, but gather I can’t move the storage folder until the import is complete.

OK, spent a while clearing a few hundred ‘Skipped Files’ out of the watched folders, did a rescan of the folders and the problem has gone away. Will take a close look at those files now to see what may have triggered this behaviour (if anything - they have been there all the time marked as ‘skipped files’ without this issue). Will report back if I find anything.

Forgot to list that as one of the things I tried - multiple force rescans (seems as if roon does this on every startup anyway?) and deleting all the skipped files.

Skipped files shows empty now. Same 20 tracks are added but not identified.

Hi @jptaranto ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the slow response here.

Moving forward, can you please verify where your musical collections is being stored/accessed from and in regard to the “20 track” that are not identified, can you provide some more insight. Is this content apart of the same album? Different albums?

-Eric

Hey @eric, thanks for getting back to me.

My collection is stored locally on the internal SSD on my laptop. It’s all inside my Macs Music folder inside ~/

I wish I could give you more info about these rouge 20 tracks - but that is precisely the problem - I have no idea what they are or where they are. The error started after I initially imported my collection (66K tracks).

A better description of the problem:

• When I startup Roon, if I click on the spinning blue circle in the top corner, I can see it is doing a “rescan” of the entire collection 0-66K songs. Whilst it is doing that the the progress meter is about 3/4 full and says “Adding music to library: Of 20 tracks, 20 added, 0 identified”.
  • The “20 tracks” won’t ever go away. If I add new music to my storage folder, they will get added to the counter. Say I add 20 new tracks, then it will say “Of 40 tracks, 40 added, 20 identified” - and the new album comes in fine, is identified, etc.
  • I have no idea where or what these 20 tracks are. I’ve started tidying up the collection somewhat and have removed any small files (this has done nothing). I have also removed all the “skipped files” that roon reported as corrupted (also done nothing).
  • There is nothing in the logs that refer to these files either.

Does that help?

@support I’m also having this issue. Still going through audio analysis but clicking on the spinning icon “Of 8 Tracks, 8 Added, 0 identified” I’m not able to tell what these files are.

My setup
Roon Version 1.3 (build 242) stable (64bit)
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Music stored on WD 4TB Book Studio Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0

Collection: 71,200 tracks

Network
wifi via Apple 802.11AC 2TB Airport Time Capsule

Hi, @Alex_Gallacher, thank you for your report. We want to take a closer look at your logs to investigate your problem, I’ll contact your for more details via PM

Ivan

I also had this problem in some networks times ago (travel a lot), due to DNS blocks. After switching to another network, i no longer have this problem.
Might be worth checking by switching to another network.

Hi @jptaranto ---- Thank you for the follow up and the clarification! The insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, as I have asked others in this thread, could you please follow the instructions found here and send us over logs for analysis.

-Eric

hi @support , this is a new setup on a qnap nas the issue is the spinning circle it wont scan past 5057 tracks all files are on the nas. I have tried removing and re adding the path as well as force rescan no change.

Hi @Michael_Cassels — I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with an alternative upload method.

-Eric

Hey @Eric, I’ve sent logs hosted on dropbox via a PM to you. Thanks.

Hi @jptaranto ---- Thank you for the follow up! Confirming that I have received your logs.

-Eric

Hi,

My setup is Roon last version 1.3 build 242, Windows 10 64 bit post creators update running Audiophile optimizer and fidelizer pro on an I7 quad core 32GB, music is stored on a local 4TB WD hard disk, interface is USB. Number of tracks are almost 38000.

The issue is that Roon keeps trying to identify 10 tracks forever

Can you help me locate the tracks so I can understand what is going on?

Thanks