Roon just shuts down after 10-15 minutes

I have the same issue - Just updated Roon and now Roon just shuts down after 10-15 minutes.
Never experienced this issue with Roon before.
Don’t really now where to go with this.
Rebooted laptop and logged back in -back issue remains.
Any recommendations?

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

My setup is as follows
Router RJ45 cat8 importing into audiophile network switch exporting via RJ45 cat8 into
Acer Swift 5 3500U Processor OC 3.3 Ghz - Exclusively acting as ROON core + HQPlayer +AO
OS Windows Server 2019 Essentials - Stable
Output via audiophile USB to SMSL M500 DAC
XLR balanced out to ELAC Navis active speakers

I believe the shut down of ROON is associated with the auto display shutdown

Are you sure that you have your HQPlayer license key installed? If you don’t, HQPlayer will stop working.

1 Like

I have progressed attempts to rectify this issue.
What I have established is that if laptop display does not shut down then there is no issue.
But once a time of say 10 minutes -Then after the time has elapsed and the display closes -ROON shuts down also.
This was not happening with previous versions of ROON .
Any thoughts from support?

Sorry, just for clarification, you’re using Windows Server 2019 Essentials on your laptop?

Hi Geoff -Yes that is correct

Hmm, well it’s likely to be a Windows power/display setting that needs adjusting, perhaps it’s been triggered by some change in Roon.

However, given that you are running a server OS on your laptop, you could try using Roon Server as your Core, and just use the original (all-in-one) Roon as your Control, i.e. the user interface component.

Roon Server does not have the Control component - so it doesn’t care whether the display is active or not.

1 Like

Hi Geoff
That seems to have cured the problem -I installed ROON SERVER and now running headless via a tablet.
Thank You

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.