Roon loses connection to Chord Poly when accessing via App [Pending firmware update from Chord]

There has not been any new firmware or other feedback from Chord. So Roon software or new wifi hardware must be the fix in that case.

While the Poly is Roon ready in functionality it still shows as uncertified in Roon. Chord has claimed this will be rectified in the next firmware update so Iā€™m hoping this means the temporary disconnections when using the remote are going to be fixed. Having said that Iā€™m listening to m Chord Poly/Mojo combo with my Beyerdynamic T5P Gen 2 on Roon right now and thoroughly enjoying it as I move around the house doing early morning choresā€¦

Just read the same thing on headfi forum. Seems that Chord is working on the new firmware. Hopefully it will solve all the known issues. Maybe Iā€™m ready to pull the trigger now.

I have been using Poly accessory with Chord over 5 months - I have no issues other than occasionally it skips tracks , otherwise be mindful to have a robust router that deals with ā€œ2.5gā€ band (most devices like apple operate now on 5g band which is less crowded, however operates effectively on shorter distance) - after tinkering with WiFi setup between router and Poly - it works well with Hi Res steaming and the sounds better to me than AK- 15 player (MQA enabled) using Audeze (Roon ready) LCD series (have LCD -XC and the equivalent open back pair ) - sounds awesome ! So subject to you dealing with your router configuration, I would recommend buying the WiFi accessory. Enjoy !

Thanks for the information. What do you exactly mean with the above? What WIFI accessory?

Sorry maybe I wasnā€™t clear - I have had the chord mojo for nearly 2 years - I bought Poly as an ā€œaccessory ā€œ to make use of the wireless solution with Roon. Prior to adding the Poly I was using the Chord Mojo is the usual way by using micro usb inputs.

Now that Chord Poly has had a major firmware update, the Wi-Fi disconnection problems are completely solved, both on Android and iOS.

1 Like

NO this is NOT true

I get disconnects ALL THE TIME WITH POLY and ROON with the lateste 2.X firmware.

TERRIBLE

I would suggest creating your own support thread, or, I can move your post to a new thread so that Support can assist you with the issues you are having.

I resolved the disconnect issue by disable " 20/40 MHz Coexistence" for 2.4G in my router. My router is Netgear RAX40.

1 Like

Thanks @Desmond_Chan, for sharing what did the trick for you!