Roon loses connection to my Synology NAS since updating to Build 667

I’ve been hoping that someone from support would respond. For two days I’ve been hoping.

1 Like

You inspired me to restart my router once again. So far so good. The problem has especially shown up every time that I’ve tried to back up my library. I keep getting a Drive Full error. I think that it’s because roon can’t hold a connection to my nas long enough to complete a backup. (But what do I know?)

Also, If I play an album from my nas, chances are that I will lose connection before it is done.

1 Like

Hey @ronfint,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you here, the support queues have been a bit longer than expected.

If you experience this issue again, can you please send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions?

I recall that we were dealing with a Kernel issue on AudioLinux with NAS scanning in the past, have you changed Kernel versions by any chance or are you still using the same one you said worked?

Hello noris! Thank you. I was beginning to lose faith. I have basically the same kernel that has worked. The issue now is very different. It’s not about scanning, but rather losing connection to my Synology nas. And there were absolutely no issues prior to installing Build 667, but immediately after installing the update, I started losing connection to my nas as described above.

I probably will play no more music today, but tomorrow I’ll send a log after an issue occurs.

@noris

Hello noris. Although I’ve played no more music, I tried to force a backup and failed again due the the error “Selected drive is full.”

I have the associated logs zipped and ready to go, but I don’t have Dropbox. If you let me know how to upload this log file, I will.

@noris,

I now have logs for both stoppage of backup and problems playing music from my nas. Please send instructions for uploading.

Thanks!

Are the instructions linked in Norris post above not sufficient? Here they are again in a clearer link in case you missed them.

No, because I don’t have Dropbox.

Sooty I missed that part in your first response. Hopefully Norris will be along shortly to provide what you need.

1 Like

@noris

I have just reactivated my old Dropbox account and uploaded my logs. I’d like to share them, but I can’t seem to find a crucial bit of information – namely, what email address do I share the link with.

In dropbox, generate a share link. And the PM Noris here that link.

Thank you!

Hi!
I’m Pawel. Have same problem!, today I updated roon core to build 667. I lost connection to my whole library on NAS Synology. I cannot add network folder. I rebooted everything. No luck,

1 Like

Hello Pawel,

No solution yet, but I’ve sent logs to noris; so it may be a bit of time before some feedback. Have you also had problems with backups? I am no longer able to complete a backup.

I cannot see my shared folders on NAS. that’s strange…

I’m sorry to hear that. At least when I lose connection, I can restart roon and all is good again for a period. I hope the we will have answers soon.

@noris

I’m checking in to make sure that you received the logs that I submitted last week. Build 667 is still a disaster for me. I am consistently losing contact with my nas and I am unable to make a backup of my library.

Hi @ronfint,

Thanks again for sending those log files over, I can confirm receipt. I took a look through your logs and I am noticing a trace which I have yet to encounter present in them, so I’m going to go ahead and request some additional feedback from our QA team on your case. Once I have QA’s completed report, I will reach out again.

For other users impacted by a similar issue, please open a separate support thread for assistance. You are welcome to follow troubleshooting on this page, but we usually do one user per thread, so my responses here will be mostly directed to @ronfint.

Thank you, Noris.

1 Like

@noris

It has been about two weeks since I first reported this problem — and it’s not minor. I hope that QA has a solution soon.

1 Like