Roon loses contact with Qobuz

Core Machine
(Mac Book Pro 13.2" running on MacOS 10.15.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
2 ASUS RT-AC68U working as access point in AI-MESH configuration (they act as a single device covering my whole house with wi-fi) connected to the local Telecom router which also works as DHCP server; all network devices are connected each other with CAT 6 ethernet cable.
Problem occurs also if the Mac Book is connected via ethernet and wi-fi adapter is turned off.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Lector Digitube 192S connected via USB

Description Of Issue
Roon loses connection with the Qobuz, the playback progress bar is “waving” from left to right and back (not easy top explain in words ) and playback stops; if I restart Roon everything works fine.

Remote control from my iPhone seems working, it is possible to select different album or tracks from Qobuz, but they do not play, after a while it says that the track is not available on Qobuz, it says to check network connection (which of course is ok as laptop can surf internet).

This is happening frequently, even if connected via ethernet and even if the playback is on the computer speakers.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with Qobuz playback in Roon

A post was split to a new topic: Roon loose contact with Qobuz - after about 4 tracks

A post was split to a new topic: No Qobuz tracks will play

it was the same for me as well, after several networking changes (DNS server in the router, router NTP server, don’t remember…) made it to work for like 1 hour, then again issues… then decided to move the Core to a Linux virtual machine, no more issues, used Qobuz for about 2 months then noticed I was not enjoying streaming, at the end I kind of liked the core running in an isolated VM so I kept this config.

Try that to prove the issue is or is not with the Mac Core app, if it does work in a linux VM that means likely the Mac Core app has issues.

Why not move it to any old/average specs windows box you may have… lets say i3, 8gb ram, any capacity ssd sata or nvme… or… windows VM.

The VM (lx or win) tests should be done with VMs running bridged network adapters so your DHCP server will assign a “physical” IP to your VM.

I do remember I had small dropouts even when playing my local files from an USB 3.5 drive, reason why I kept the VM as well (never had any dropout with local or streaming running the core in a VM), looking forward to the next Roon release to see if the Mac Core app works better.

Hello @Pino_Mattiazzo, and welcome to the community! Are you able to send me screenshots of this or upload a video? I’d recommend trying to reproduce this issue after rebooting and signing out and back into Qobuz

Also, are you seeing this for local content as well? Lastly, is this happening with all Qobuz content? Let me know, thanks!

Hello.
I’m sorry for the late reply.
If I’m not wrong you released an update to the Roon app for Mac, anyway after installing the update the problem seems disappeared .

Thanks

Hello @Pino_Mattiazzo, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.