Roon loses control of the BluOS app

I am having exactly the same problem. Roon loses control of the BluOS app / Roon endpoint running on my NAD T777 v3. I have power-cycled all components and have the latest BluOS upgrade and the latest ROON build. Roon works fine with all my other four ROON endpoints: Mac Mini, iPad, iPhone and exaSound Sigma Streamer. I will try playing only non MQA files and see if that’s part of the problem.


The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I’ve already reported this problem to NAD. But a comment in the other Roon thread on this topic prompted me to try adjusting the MQA settings in my NAD T777 v3 AVR. I first confirmed that my problem with ROON losing control of this device occurred only when playing MQA tracks My AVR acts as a ROON endpoint and I had set its MQA properties to be “Renderer”. I switched its MQA settings to be “Decoder.” That fixed the problem.

1 Like

Hello @Gary_Rancourt, and thanks for the feedback here! I’ll pass this along to our team.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.