"Roon lost control of audio device" on Nucleus with USB DAC

My (brand new) Nucleus is connected via usb to a Chord Hugo TT DAC. Lost control of audio device happens constantly. When i move the usb cable into my windows 10 pc (also running roon), no dropouts whatsoever for hours, even overnight (the nucleus is the roon server in that configuration as well). I’ve tried multiple usb cables, although the fact that there is no problem with that cable on the pc leads me to believe the cable is fine.

This started happening as soon as i started playing audio over the nucleus, which is less than a week old. Might i have a defective unit?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

@Carter_Burden Have you checked the volume setting in Roon to select “fixed volume” for the Chord? See this link for an explanation.

Hi @Carter_Burden,

As mentioned by Michael above, can you see how things go when using fixed volume?

If you play to a different endpoint from the Nucleus does the same behavior occur or is it just limited to the Chord Hugo?

1 Like

'Twas the DAC after all. Tried the nucleus on a different DAC, no dropouts. Eventually the PC started exhibiting the same dropouts. The inability to connect was my own boneheadedness of misconfiguring my new wifi access points. Thanks for your pointers. Everything’s working great on the different DAC.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.