Roon lost control of the audio device (KEF LS50W)

Really surprised by that. Where are you based? They couldn’t have been more helpful with mine.

Belgium, They want me to send the speakers to the UK, to make it short, it costs me 1100 Euro’s for two new amplifier modules and the transport to and from the UK.

That’s so frustrating. Brexit probably not helping here but disappointing that kef aren’t standing behind their product - three years is not a long time for such an expensive piece of kit.

Mine were older than that and they happily sorted them with me just paying shipping one way to them.

Finally, after many weeks of annoying disconnects I found out that my energy saving setting within the KEF connect app has been changed without my intention from 60 min to ECO. As soon as I have switched it back to 60 min my disconnects have stopped.
Another interesting observation: there seem to be some issues if you use more than one remote device to control roon (e.g. a Macbook and an iPhone) in parallel…and as soon as an Airplay source is acitve, Roon also refuses the direct connection to the KEF LS50W2. It seems Airplay has priority over Roon ready??? Anyway, the energy setting has resolved the issue so far. Hope, that helps others with the same issue!

2 Likes

To add an other voice, my Kef Ls50 wireless are dropping out each day with the lost control error. Ethernet wired on a UniFi network. Am running through a switch if that has any bearing. Seems to have got a lot more frequent lately.

In fact, now multiple times a day! Anyone got a fix/know what I am doing wrong?

It often loses control when I switch DSP profiles. Could this be the cause?

Quick follow-up: One week ago I upgraded the RAM of my Synology nas from 6 to 10 GB. This has been the first week without the dreaded error. Fingers crossed.