Roon no longer starts after 10 days of non-use [Solved - Port issue due to WiFi + Transfer program]

@support

I just got back from a ten day vacation and Roon won’t start. See below.

I completely uninstalled Roon and reinstalled it and it still doesn’t work.

During the reinstallation I asked for a “Set up a Roon Core on this PC - Use this PC”

Of course, Roon applications (roon.exe and raatserver.exe) are part of the firewall exceptions.

Roon is installed on a PC:
Windows 11 Professional Edition
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎27/‎02/‎2022
OS Build 22000.613
Experience Windows Features Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0

Device name W
12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900K 3.20GHz Processor
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64 processor
Stylus and touch functionality Touch or stylus input functionality is not available on this display

Thank you in advance for your help.

@support

Hi there,

Is there someone from support I can send my log files to so they can resolve my issue?

Tagging @support to answer your question.

1 Like

@xxx

Thank you ! :smiley:

@support

I didn’t get any solution except tagging @support

Roon Core Machine

Nom de l’appareil W
Processeur 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
Mémoire RAM installée 32,0 Go (31,7 Go utilisable)
Type du système Système d’exploitation 64 bits, processeur x64
Stylet et fonction tactile La fonctionnalité d’entrée tactile ou avec un stylet n’est pas disponible sur cet écran

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No router/switch

Connected Audio Devices

Merging hapi
Connection : Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Impossible to say, Roon is not working…

Description of Issue

Her is a copy of what I sent you 18 hours ago… and I didn’t get any answer from you ???
Everything is specified below I think.

I just got back from a ten day vacation and Roon won’t start. See below.

I completely uninstalled Roon and reinstalled it and it still doesn’t work.

During the reinstallation I asked for a “Set up a Roon Core on this PC - Use this PC”

Of course, Roon applications (roon.exe and raatserver.exe) are part of the firewall exceptions.

Roon is installed on a PC:
Windows 11 Professional Edition
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎27/‎02/‎2022
OS Build 22000.613
Experience Windows Features Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0

Device name W
12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900K 3.20GHz Processor
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64 processor
Stylus and touch functionality Touch or stylus input functionality is not available on this display

Thank you in advance for your help.

Stephane, while we’re waiting for Support to get to your request in their queue, you could try the following, if you have a backup of your database…

I assume you have restarted everything from modem to router etc before rebooting the core PC

1 Like

Thank you again, Geoff.
I don’t have a Roon database reference anymore. I just kept my Roon backup (6th of April) in order to restore it.

Of course, I did restart my core PC several times but I didn’t restart my modem yesterday.

I just did it now and unfortunately, no change… :frowning:

I restart my system from scratch daily in our summer (lightening) and find that skipping steps in that startup process result in failed start up.

To do it clean you need to start each component in turn and wait until the one you strart has finished before moving on.

Just a thought

1 Like

I did it this way…

Hi Stephane,

fellow user. If you go under the log folder*, do you see a lot of small log files all from the same day?

*__ User/AppData/Local/Roon/Logs

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I’ve got 9 files from Roon_log.01.txt to Roon_log.09.txt all dated 19/04/2022.

@support

Hi,

I am well aware that being the only one to have this malfunction problem, my request is not a priority.

Would it be possible however to have a concrete answer and a resolution of the problem of non functioning of Roon specified above two days ago now?

Thank you for your help.

Hey @Stephane,

I am so sorry you haven’t heard back from us until today. It is not what we had hoped for, especially since you cannot use Roon at all.

We’d love to help resolve this :nerd_face:

I think the next step would be to manually install the graphics drivers. We’ve discovered in time that Windows’ automatic updates (that include the graphics drivers) can be unreliable. Could you please:

• quit Roon (if open)
  • restart your Roon Core
  • uninstall the graphics drivers
  • navigate to the manufacturer’s website and download the graphics drivers directly from there
  • install the graphics drivers
  • ​launch Roon

Stéphane and @beka,

I’ve had a look at Stéphane’s Roon logs, and this is what comes up as problem:

At startup, Roon identifies 3 IP addresses:

04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses] enumerating addresses
04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses]    FOUND   Ethernet 192.168.1.21
04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses]    FOUND   Ethernet 2 169.254.197.120
04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses]    SKIPPED Wi-Fi: not up
04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses]    SKIPPED Connexion au réseau local* 9: not up
04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses]    FOUND   Ethernet 3 169.254.123.42
04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses]    SKIPPED Connexion réseau Bluetooth: not up
04/20 13:06:14 Trace: [ipaddresses]    FOUND   Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1 127.0.0.1

and later, it fails here:

04/20 13:07:50 Warn: [multicastreceiver] couldn't bind to iface 192.168.1.21:1900, message: Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée
04/20 13:07:50 Warn: [multicastreceiver] couldn't bind to iface 169.254.197.120:1900, message: Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée
04/20 13:07:50 Warn: [multicastreceiver] couldn't bind to iface 169.254.123.42:1900, message: Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée
04/20 13:07:50 Warn: [multicastreceiver] couldn't bind to iface 127.0.0.1:1900, message: Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée
04/20 13:07:50 Critical: while dispatching events: System.InvalidOperationException: Vous devez appeler la méthode Bind avant d'effectuer cette opération.
   à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   à Sooloos.Audio.UPnP.DeviceTracker._ReceiveMulticast(Socket s, Byte[] buf)
   à Sooloos.Audio.UPnP.DeviceTracker.Start()
   à Sooloos.Broker.Transport.Module.Enable()
   à Sooloos.Concurrency.EventHandlers.Dispatch(List`1 evs)
   à Sooloos.Concurrency.SharedState`1.FlushEvents()
04/20 13:07:50 Critical: scx: in OnBeforeEntry: System.InvalidOperationException: Vous devez appeler la méthode Bind avant d'effectuer cette opération.
   à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   à Sooloos.Audio.UPnP.DeviceTracker._ReceiveMulticast(Socket s, Byte[] buf)
   à Sooloos.Audio.UPnP.DeviceTracker.Start()
   à Sooloos.Broker.Transport.Module.Enable()
   à Sooloos.Concurrency.EventHandlers.Dispatch(List`1 evs)
   à Sooloos.Concurrency.SharedState`1.FlushEvents()
   à Sooloos.Broker.State.<>c.<_InitTransportThreadSync>b__163_0()
   à Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread.OnBeforeEntry()
04/20 13:07:50 Info: [cast] discovered BouygtelTV
04/20 13:07:50 Info: [transport/zonedisplay] Zone display registered: BouygtelTV
04/20 13:07:51 Debug: [easyhttp] [30] POST to https://discovery.roonlabs.net/1/unregister returned after 457 ms, status code: 200
04/20 13:07:51 Trace: [inetdiscovery] unregistered 1 devices
04/20 13:07:51 Debug: [easyhttp] [31] POST to https://discovery.roonlabs.net/1/query returned after 442 ms, status code: 200

There seem to be no problems with graphics or OpenGL.

It seems as if Multicast traffic is being blocked.

I would suggest, stopping all the other ethernet ports and just going with one.

Stephane,

Why are there 3 internet ports? Are you running a VPN? Are those virtual ports or hardware?

the other internet port is for the Merging Hapi (ethernet connection).
I don’t run any VPN.
I will try now to disconnect the ethernet connection from Merging Hapi…

I disconnect my ethernet Merging Hapi and Roon don’t start either…