Roon not finding microrendu-mojo

Hi there,
First off, let me say that I tried to find a solution in all related posts on several forums…
But I cannot get Roon to see my microRendu.

Setup:
Macbook (running Roon)- Ethernet- router
Router- Ethernet- microRendu- Chord Mojo

Verified that MacBook and MicroRendu are on the same network and that microRendu sees the mojo.
Did all possible restarts multiple times.
Reinstalled the roonready app on microRendu and Roon on Macbook.
Switched off WiFi on MacBook.

Weird detail is that Audirvana plays flawlessly with mpd/dlna app on microRendu.

I have run out of ideas so if anyone can help, I would be reallly thankful.

Have you had your room setup working at all or is this a new install?

This is a new install with the microRendu.

Please confirm that the Sonore microRendu is listed and enabled in Settings > Audio. On first use you need to press the blue Enable button.

Thank you for your response. Problem is that the microRendu does not appear under ‘settings- audio’.

Is your MacBook Firewall set to On in System Preferences > Security and Privacy? If so, can you turn it Off temporarily?

Also, any Antivirus software running?

Roon and RAATServer need to be allowed through.

Cheers, Greg

There can be a problem with some routers. Can you post the hardware type?

Tried with firewall turned off, did not help. Firewall on had exceptions for Roon and Raat.

Router: Technicolor TC7210.Z. This is also my cable modem.

Also tried ASUS RT-N66U. This one hangs in the modem as well.

When switching networks I made really sure MacBook and Mircorendu are on the same network.

And like I said, audirvana runs on both.

Thanks

I’ll tag @Jesus_Rodriguez and @support to help you out.

Cheers, Greg

Thank you, Greg, much appreciated.

Go ahead and update the unit, wait for the Back to Main Menu link, and reboot the unit. Now go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save. Also, make sure the DAC is listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

1 Like

Yes!!! Finally. that did the trick. Thank you so much. Now, let’s listen to some music…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.