Roon not playing complete track after upgrade to v1.7

I am using Roon from a Samsung tablet that accesses the core (Roon 1.7, build 500) on a desktop running Debian 10 (Linux). The audio zone is an NAD C368 DAC amplifier. All of the connections between the router, the desktop, and the amplifier are wired. I use the TIDAL streaming service.

Right after the upgrade, I have had the problem that Roon sometimes jumps to the next track in the queue BEFORE the current track is finished. I have rebooted the desktop and the tablet, and logged out and back in to my TIDAL account. The problem persists on the 30-minute track on which I first noticed the problem. That same track plays to completion when streamed directly from TIDAL on my tablet to the NAD amp (without Roon). Deleting and re-adding the track to my Roon playlist does not solve the problem.

I am currently trying to figure out how often this happens with other tracks, but wanted to see if you have any suggestions in the meantime.

Hi @Paul_Murtaugh,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Have you tried playing to a different endpoint besides the NAD? Is there any change when doing so?

Hey @Paul_Murtaugh

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

More details are here:

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses, Dylan and Mike. The problem seemed to resolve itself shortly after I posted my message, even before Build 505 landed on my desktop. I’ll let you know if it rears its ugly head again, but in the meantime I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.