Roon not recognizing my server

Hello = I’ve been using Roon with my Vivaldi One for a few weeks and enjoying it immensely. Today when I turned my system on I am unable to play anything from Roon or Tidal and the Vivaldi icon looks different along with a different volume setting (please see screenshot). Previously the icon looked like a Vivldi One and the volume setting was 0.0. I tried reading different articles but could not find a corresponding article.
Thanks for the help!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Messer,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Since noticing this behavior have you tried rebooting your Core machine and the Vivaldi?

Are other endpoints playing okay?

Hello Dylan (again!),

My Roon Core is on my Mac Mini running Mojave 10.14. I am using an iPad as my remote.

I turned off my Vivaldi One and waited a few minutes before turning it back on and it is now working fine. Any thoughts on why I needed to do this? Also, is there a way for me to change the icon picture back to the Vivaldi pic and the 0.0 volume setting?
Many thanks for your help, Michael

Hi @Michael_Messer,

It sounds like the Vivaldi may have temporarily gotten into a bad state that was resolved with a reboot. Glad to know that it’s working now! As for the icon — First I’d try disabling the device in Settings > Audio and the re-enabling it. If that doesn’t yield any changes, try rebooting your Core machine.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
Everything is working fine and I was able to change the icon. I should have a Roon Nucleus by this weekend. Do I need to uninstall the Core from my Mac Mini before setting up the Nucleus?
Thanks for your help, Dylan!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Messer,

There are some steps that you’ll want to take when migrating to the Nucleus that are outlined in our Nucleus Migration Guide. I definitely recommend giving that, along with the rest of the Nucleus Setup Guide, a read before making any changes. If you have any questions please let us know!

Thanks, Dylan!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.