Roon not reporting correct resolution of HiRes Qobuz tracks (now Brazil)

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC i7-8559U 2.7GHz
16Gb ram
Windows 11 Pro

Networking Gear & Setup Details

All wired to Deco M5 router, tp-link non-managed gigabit switch

Connected Audio Devices

multiple endpoints, mostly chromecast audio and some ropieee XL units with usb DACs

Number of Tracks in Library

around 100k tracks

Description of Issue

I have been experiencing the same problems as those noted on the discussion from Roon reporting incorrect resolution of HiRes Qobuz tracks. Australia

From the discussion I understood that some time was needed for Qobuz to push the correct metadata to Roon servers. However it has been more than 40 days since the service was officially launched on Brazil and I still cannot see no improvement whatsoever - new releases show the correct resolution, but some which were already on my library show 44.1 khz when it should report 196 khz for example. Some albums available through Qobuz apps are still shown as unavailable through Roon.

Is there anything that can be done in order to speed up this process? One month and a half later it is getting tiresome trying to find the correct resolution album through empirical trial and error. From the thread concerning the launch on Australia I infer that it is Qobuz only who can speed this up, but I think the complete lack of improvement in the last 40 days warrant this call for help in case there is anything Roon team can do to help and/or check. Thanks in advance!

Hello @support . As I said previously, I understand it is more of a Qobuz problem, but could you please let me know if there is anything I can do do improve this situation from my side? Or that Roon team can do?

Thanks to the overwhelming support received here I proceeded alone in trying to “fix” it. I noticed that albums outside my library started showing with correct resolution. My current albums (all the 4k) still showed the minimum res (44.1khz 16bit).

Tried then removing an album and re-adding and it then was re-added with correct resolution tags. Despaired a little thinking on re-adding 4k albums by hand, and losing stats for times played etc.

Tried then a rescan of the album. It did the trick. Then selected ALL albums, ordered a rescan, and it is all good now. Leaving this in case anyone want to try as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.