Roon (Not Responding) after restart

Roon Core Machine

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz|
32.0 GB RAM
Windows 11 Pro v22H2 OS Build: 22621.963

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Eero Pro 6 (Core machine has a wired connection)

Connected Audio Devices

MOTU M2, PowerNode 2i

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon doesn’t start up after again after installation. The window title bar says Roon (Not Responding). I’ve tried reinstalling multiple times and Roon works immediately after the install, but after closing Roon it won’t be able to start again. I’ve tried clearing the database before installing and I’ve tried going through the setup without adding any music, connections, or devices. The event viewer has an “Application Hang” error that says “The program Roon.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.”. I’ve checked Security and Maintenance and found no additional information.

Roon has been working flawlessly until I updated to the latest version with ARC.

Hi @h0jack,

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response from Roon.

First off, it looks like your core machine is online and reported to account servers but wouldn’t respond to my requests for diagnostics. Perhaps this just means it’s not responding again.

Here’s at least something to try. As you do so, the request I sent for diagnostics should come through so let me know when you’ve done it.

We’re going to give you a completely clean slate by having you follow the directions below. Please ensure you’re backing up before you do this and try things out before you reimport the DBs. It’s going to help us in the process of elimination.

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page

Please let me know how it goes. If we still have the issue I’ll be able to look at the logging if you get me a date/time stamp when you respond too.

Regards,
Wes

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Roon will not start again

Hi @h0jack,

How are things? Any update for us?

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.