Roon not responding on tablet after window update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 on lenova laptop as core. Latest build, version 7.1 build 521. 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Modem, router - Ethernet to riopee, psdigital2 dac.

**Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/

Riopee psdigital2 dac Usb

Description Of Issue

Windows did an update on Dell tablet now Roon doesn’t respond on tablet. All else is good on other devices. I’ve tried several deletions of app and reinstalling. Still not working.

Hi @Marc,

Are there any GPU driver updates available for the device? What GPU does the device use? Try downloading the latest driver updates directly from the manufacturer’s site and let us know if that helps.

Almost the same problem (and I solved it)

System: Laptop Fujitsu Lifebook AH552/SL (Intel Core i5-3230 2.60GHz), 8Gb RAM, GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000, Windows 10 Pro (build 1903)
Roon Core: ROCK on Intel NUC (BOXNUC8i5BEH2)
Network player / DAC: Cambridge CXN (via USB or Airplay), Cambridge CXA80 (via USB)
Network storage: Synology DS211+

Since last Roon update (Version 1.7 (build 521) stable) Roon on Windows stops responding when I add music sources to the library (doesn’t matter if it is local or network folder or even Tidal)

Usually Roon Core runs on Intel NUC.
Tried to move Core on Windows 10 machine, tried reset library, restore it from backup - problem stiil stays.
In Roon on Android I removed folders from “Storage” and logout from Tidal, Roon on Windows started to work (respond), so I can acces to it and edit settings. Until I add folders to library again.
Roon remote on Android smartphome always works fine.

I solved the problem by updating graphics driver from Intel website.

But… Another problem:
Last Roon build stoped to recognize special charachters in passwords to network folders. Such as #, @, $

Tried to use \\host\share and smb://host/share - doesn’t work.
Previous Roon build worked.

Temporary solution: to use relatively “simple” passwords - lower and upper characters and digits.

Hello Dylan. The dell support site doesn’t have a driver to download for gpu. They sent me back to Microsoft site. Im not even sure which gpu driver is running on this venue 8. The operating system is 32 bit though. It was working flawlessly before this darn last windows update! I’ve tried a couple more times to reinstall roon but getting same results. It connects to core then when I try to navigate screen show roon as not responding and freezes.

It looks as though the driver for gpu id an intel hd driver by Microsoft. Im attempting update through Microsoft at the moment

Ok The task manager brings me to the processes screen and I cannot find gpu anywhere. So at this point Im in the dark as to what is running. Please help. Everything else works fine on this tablet. Roon will not respond as it was.

ore Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Lenova Laptop, Windows 10 64 bit - Core, IPhone 7plus remote, Dell Venue 8 running windows 10 32 bit - remote. Latest build and version of Roon

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Modem, router core is Ethernet. Remotes are wifi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Main listening riopee endpoint ethernet to ps2 digital dac usb to audio system via rca.

Bedroom Apple airport express 2 ethernet then optical to audio system.

Description Of Issue

Roon on Dell Venue 8 isn’t responding any longer. Tried several reinstalls of roon and many reboots. Please help have tried to communicate on Saturday but post has been deleted. Dell was working flawlessly up until now.

??? This thread?

It might be that this is a link to the most recent driver for your integrated GPU:

If not, you might have to provide more details about your hardware (model no. etc.) or search the web yourself.

Thanks so much Blackjack for the response. I did try that but the computer wouldn’t allow it. So I revisted the dell support page and manually downloaded a bios system driver update as well as an updated graphics driver. And voila it works beautifully once again. Took some digging but found it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.