Roon - Not Responding

The last couple weeks I have begun to experience an issue where Roon is Not Responding and requires ending the task. From what I can tell it seems to be tied to whenever I use the Filter. Please advise.

Thanks,

Craig

Full in all the details of your system that were asked for and there might be a clue to help you.

Sorry about the shortcut on info.
Windows 10 AMD Ryzen 5 6 Core / 32 GB (Core and Client)
Approximately 6000 albums
Nighthawkk R8000P Router / Marantz Receiver.

Further Detail on issue:

It seems that when I used the “Filter” shortly after I use it the Roon Window goes into a Not Responding State which corresponds with the processes on the computer and needs to have an End Task performed. The music continues to play just fine, but the Roon Client is hung. When I re-open the client I may be able to navigate to other parts of the client interface, but touching the “Filter” that still displays what was in there seems to hang it again. I have not made any changes to my system other than expected Microsoft Updates and the latest Roon Stable Build.

Anything else that might help?

Thanks,

Craig

Try deinstalling the room client portion, reboot and reinstall.

Thanks. I will try that next. I did do a reinstall over the top, but haven’t tried a clean install.

Same Results. This is the last filter to kill it and you can see Roon is (Not Responding). Any other suggestions?

Also, upon relaunching I can navigate to anywhere in the interface successfully, but if I try to hit the X on the Filter or backspace over what is in the box it goes back to Not Responding.

This might just possibly be a graphics driver issue? Can you download and install the latest driver from AMD, rather than rely on whatever Windows Update decides to throw into the mix?

Hello Geoff -

I have the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 and am using the latest driver they have, not windows.

All input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

same problem here with RTX 2060 and ADM Radeon. Hybrid don’t work with actual drivers.

XMG CORE 17 (AMD) AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
17.3" Full HD IPS | 144 Hz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Refresh | 6 GB GDDR6
2 x 32 GB (64 GB) DDR4-3200 Samsung
2 x 2 TB Seagate FireCuda 520 | PCIe 4.0 x4 | NVMe
1 x Rivet Networks Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x | Bluetooth 5.1

I use XMG CORE 17 with manjaro now only as server and my second old computer as client (Linux with wine)

Betriebssystem: Manjaro Linux
KDE-Plasma-Version: 5.22.4
KDE-Frameworks-Version: 5.85.0
Qt-Version: 5.15.2
Kernel-Version: 5.13.12-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Grafik-Plattform: X11

The old computer has this specs:

Prozessoren: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Speicher: 7,7 GiB Arbeitsspeicher
Grafikprozessor: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Here some informations / solutions?

https://www.amd.com/de/support/kb/faq/dh-017

google search shows many problems…

Hi @Craig_Rotermund,

Can you please send Roon logs and Event Viewer logs? Instructions below:

Roon Logs

Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Event Viewer Logs

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

Here is the requested log. I did revert my video driver back to a previous version yesterday in troubleshooting too, btw.

Thanks for sending that over, @Craig_Rotermund — We’ll take a look and follow up soon.

1 Like