Roon not seeing OpticalRendu

I use a sonicTransporter i5 version 2.8 as my Roon Core Machine and a network player that is an Optical Rendu version 2.8 plus a few raspberry Pi based endpoints and chromecast devices. The Optical Rendu shows up on my network and in the Sonicorbiter software as a network player but not in Roon. All my other devices are showing up in Roon. I have restarted Roon Ready Version: 1.1.38 in the OpticalRendu software and have confirmed in its Audio switcher app that RoonReady is active.
So is this a software issue for Roon not seeing this device? I have not had this problem before with Roon.

Hey @William_Koch

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I’m very sorry to hear that you were having issues with your Optical Rendu bridge. Since there’s been a delay in getting back to you I wanted to inquire whether you were able to get everything up and running again?

Can you please update us on your status? If you’re still having troubles can you use this
this link as a template to describe your setup with a bit more detail, especially in regard to the signal path and network connection of the Sonore A screenshot of your Audio page in Roon would also be helpful.

We’ll be watching for your reply.

Thanks for the follow up. I have determined that the fault lies in the Optical Rendu and not the Roon program. Everything else shows up in Roon and the Optical Rendu will not even show up on my network. It will not boot up properly.

Thanks for getting back in touch @William_Koch. I’m sorry to hear that the Optical Rendu is giving you trouble. You may want to reach out to Sonore Support to see if they can help. I hope they can get your device going again. :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.