Roon not showing on network [Resolved - Windows Firewall]

Roon core on win 10 pro on ssd, library on separate hard drive. Had to reinstall windows , corrupt system files I think. Formatted the drive, re installed roon. Enabled sq,ueeze box support. Roon does not show to the squeeze box, or the android pad I use as the remote. Have I missed something in roon, or could it be networking?

Thanks for the report, @colin_wilson!

May I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

When you reinstalled Windows did you configure your firewall settings for Roon? To find out if it may be a firewall issue you can disable the firewall and try to connect once you’ve done that.

Additionally, have there been any other changes since reinstalling Windows? Any new antivirus? It may be worthwhile to temporarily disable any antivirus active as well and see if it yields any positive changes.

-Dylan

the ‘core’’ pc is running 64 bit windows 10 pro, roon is version 1.5 build 323. The network s fairly simple,
squeeze box and roon ethernet connected via a hitron router, couple of other pcs via Ethernet, couple of pads via wireless.
The same firewall/antivirus as before.
I thought I had configured the firewall, but maybe not properly.

with the firewall disabled, trying to connect from a remote pc shows the core machine, plus it’s IP address but it can not connect. just get a alternating yellow dot saying connecting, and red dot saying connection failed

The subnet for linn streaming shows a different TCP/IP address to the one shown when trying to connect

Update.
The windows firewall was turning Back on,
Having managed to get it to stay off, I can connect to the roon core with the squeezebox, and remotes, so it appears to be windows causing it not roon. Do you have a idiots guide to setting up the network/firewall?

Problem solved

Hey @colin_wilson,

I’m glad that this resolved the issue for you! For guides, I recommend checking out our Networking Best Practice guide and some additional troubleshooting can be founder in this guide.

Happy listening!
-Dylan

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.