Roon NUC not connecting to Netgear NAS

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon NUC Core 1.6 build 416 64bit
Running on Intel NUC8i3BEH
File storage on Netgear ReadyNAS version 6.10, No security on folder.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Connections over 1 gig ethernet switch from Ubiquiti networks (no errors).

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB connection to Benchmark DAC from NUC.

Description Of Issue
Installation is 8 months old and has been operation without issue.

Roon has disconnected from NAS and will not reconnect. “Unknown Error” when trying to Add Folder. Many re-boots, resets, and restore from Backup has not changed condition. Roon see’s other Netgear readynas devices on the Net, just not the one with Music.

NAS is fully functional and available to Computers, Phones and Bluesound Nodes.

What can I try to resolve this?

Capture-1

Capture-2

Hi did this include the Netgear NAS and your router as well?

It does include NAS and Router re-boots

Let’s tag @support to follow up with you.

Hi @Dave_Kuttler,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and for sharing those screenshots. Can you please let me know if connecting via IP address to the NAS resolves this issue? If it does, I would also suggest performing an address reservation in your router to ensure that the IP does not change.

Just to clarify here, the other ReadyNAS devices, are they still accessible via Roon (and not just “seen”)? Is there anything differentiating the NAS that doesn’t show up from the other ReadyNAS that do show up, perhaps the connection type or firmware version?

Norris - IP address did not change anything. And the other Nas is accessible without issue. Today I will re build the nuc software

Hi @Dave_Kuttler,

Thanks for confirming that aspect. Sure, you can try to rebuild the NUC software but one other thing I would verify is if you create a different folder/share, does that work as expected? This should give us another good data point.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t find NAS on ROCK

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.