Roon Nucleus checking for 2.0 update... and checking... and checking... and checking

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not using a VPN. Roon has always worked fine on my network.

Connected Audio Devices

USB to dCS Bartok. But this is immaterial to my problem.

Number of Tracks in Library

Immaterial.

Description of Issue

Roon advises that Nucleus requires update to 2.0, then seeks – apparently forever – the update. It’s been seeking the update for over an hour now. Meanwhile, my network is working fine, internet connection is solid, and all other connected devices in my home are functioning nominally. Per Roon’s instructions, I updated iPhone, iPad, and MacBook to Roon 2.0 apps prior to attempting to update the Nucleus. This is exclusively a Nucleus issue.

I have the same issue - most frustrating. After a trouble- free experience with Roon the introduction of ARC has really disrupted my enjoyment. When trying to connect using Roon Remote on my iPhone XS it asks me to update the Roon Core (on my Roon Nucleus) from version 1.8 to version 2.00 but it fails to connect. As a result I can no longer use Roon and intend to cancel my subscription unless this issue is resolved soon. In the meantime I have reverted to using the Naim App which works flawlessly.

My Nucleus is connected by ethernet to the latest BT Superhub.

Use the web interface on your nucleus and see if that enables you to update. More information on that here.

I did as advised - accessing the Nucleus web interface from my iPhone App. When I tried to ‘reinstall’ the Roon OS that’s exactly what it did - it reinstalled version 1.8band did not update to version 2.0. I tried a couple more times but it keeps reinstalling version 1.8. What should I try next?

Sorry not sure what else to suggest. Seems there are. a few others with similar problems hopefully @support will chime in to help when the weekend is over.

I am having the exact same problem - stuck in a "checking for update " loop, and followed the above to no avail, so, here’s hoping!

After numerous attempts using the web interface to try to update my Nucleus OS to version 2.0 - including this evening (must be at least my 20th attempt) and finding that it yet again had simply reinstalled version 1.8, before giving up this evening I had another try using the Roon Remote App on my iPhone. Would you believe it - it worked! So I can now control my music at home using Roon. But I have no intention of going near Roon ARC until things have settled down and there is less ‘noise’ on the Roon Community forum.

I have no idea why the OS update worked this evening and not on the numerous failed attempts this weekend.

It seems like Roon had some problem with thier update server that they fixed today. See here for more details.

Roon ARC is a totally Seward app for your phone and if you have 2.0 installed it won’t do any harm to give it a try if you want. Your 2.0 core will support ARC and your 2.0 remotes work with you core regardless

Given that over 100000 have downloaded ARC the problems reported are relatively small in number and if the problems you have are to do with port forwarding like most of the others then you will have to work through that someday as ARC updates won’t fix that until they come up with a different artictecture for connecting to the core which I don’t think will be for a long time. If you want ARC the only benefit from waiting would be that support might be less busy. However you can give it a quick try and if you are one of the majority it works for great. If not you could then wait.

It is now working, it seemed to need to be left alone. Not a slow connection, but it happened sometime overnight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.