Roon Nucleus checking for 2.0 update... and checking... and checking... and checking...

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not using a VPN. Roon has always worked fine on my network.

Connected Audio Devices

USB to dCS Bartok. But this is immaterial to my problem.

Number of Tracks in Library

Immaterial.

Description of Issue

Roon advises that Nucleus requires update to 2.0, then seeks – apparently forever – the update. It’s been seeking the update for over an hour now. Meanwhile, my network is working fine, internet connection is solid, and all other connected devices in my home are functioning nominally. Per Roon’s instructions, I updated iPhone, iPad, and MacBook to Roon 2.0 apps prior to attempting to update the Nucleus. This is exclusively a Nucleus issue.

I have the same issue - most frustrating. After a trouble- free experience with Roon the introduction of ARC has really disrupted my enjoyment. When trying to connect using Roon Remote on my iPhone XS it asks me to update the Roon Core (on my Roon Nucleus) from version 1.8 to version 2.00 but it fails to connect. As a result I can no longer use Roon and intend to cancel my subscription unless this issue is resolved soon. In the meantime I have reverted to using the Naim App which works flawlessly.

My Nucleus is connected by ethernet to the latest BT Superhub.

Use the web interface on your nucleus and see if that enables you to update. More information on that here.