Why did Roon spontaneously revert itself from Roon 2.0 to 1.8? [Fixed: Update Server Error, Update To v2.0 Using Migration FAQ]

I just attempted the 1.8 Legacy → 2.0 migration process on ROCK (Intel NUC8i5BEH Core i5). Here it is the steps I have done:

1. I removed from “Data/branches” folder the old version of the downloaded “roon” file, named “roon_2-0” when downloaded.

2. Before trying to download again the “roon_2-0” file from the server, named it “roon” and copied on “Data/branches” folder so this folder remained empty, I went to the Roon Core Web UI to stop the Roon Server software when I have noticed that “Version 2.0 (build 1128) production” was already running so I did not proceed stopping the Roon Server software and followed as described.

3. I removed the old version of the Roon App from my MacBook Pro, downloaded again the Roon App from RoonLabs web site and installed.

4. Started the Roon App on my MacBook Pro, connected to the Roon Core and it is working like a charm! Roon Core running with Version 2.0 (build 1128) and my Mac (remote device) with Version 2.0 (build 1128).

Thanks a lot! Finally this issue have been resolved in my case. What about you guys?

1 Like