Roon on Mac - unable to connect QNAP NAS

Hi @support

I’ve installed Roon on my Mac but unable to connect my network drive. Tried everything, can you help.

Best regards

William

Thanks for reaching out to us @William_McLaughlin!

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

May I also ask that you please elaborate on exactly what you’re seeing in Roon?

• Are you getting any error messages when you’re adding the network drive into Roon? If so, what message?
  • Are you able to see the drive over the network outside of Roon?
  • How exactly are you entering the network drive into in Roon? Can you paste that here so I can see?

We have some great documentation on connecting a NAS to Roon that I encourage you to check out!

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

I’ve managed to get it working after a day of faffing about with it, it was related to the permission settings within the NAS multimedia directory, it took a while to realise this. My only feedback, the error description could have been more informative, such as ‘can’t access due to permission setting’.

The only issue is that I’m experiencing pauses whilst playing my 24 bit tracks, independently of their frequency. I’m using a Linn Klimax DSM with their Kazoo software, this has no issues with 24bit tracks played from my NAS, but not so for Roon? Any suggestions?

Thanks

William

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you got that working, @William_McLaughlin!

Just to confirm, this is only with 24 bit tracks — other tracks are playing as expected?

Can you confirm whether this is occurring for all audio zones, or if it’s just one?

Thanks,
Dylan