Roon on ubuntu 18.04?

This is the way I installed Roon Server on Ubuntu 18.04: https://gist.github.com/TyrfingMjolnir/c948e9c5f945b770f995cf9d584ee87f

In this process I have installed and tested Roon Server on my iMac, I have reinstalled the server in one instance of a VM that I did not like due to low disk space, I have reinstalled the Ubuntu 18.04 Roon Server and it’s now running w/ 4GB of RAM, and 45G disk, only 5.4GB is in use however.

In this process I have backed up and restored, the overall user experience is good, it’s easy to deauthorize a server, and there is no issue reauthorizing another one. That said backups are a mess from what I can see. After restoring the backup, individual playlists from all profiles are distributed across all profiles.

How can I remove all playlists such that all( 4 ) users can start doing their playlists again? Who thought these users did not have playlists by identical names?

After I created the newest VM, adding files to the file pool no longer indexes new files, how can I see what is going on?

The only way for the reindexing to show in Roon Client is to reboot the Roon Server for now?!? When I ran the Roon Server on the iMac the new albums I put in update within 5 mins.

Where are the media files? On a NAS using SMB? That’s likely the cause of the issue; see the following thread.

On a SAN using SMB.