Roon opens with no music in library

Hi, I have been using roon in about a year, after recent update, roon opens up without any music and it takes a while to re-scan and add music to library.

please advise.

thank you.
S.

I noticed that the latest update apparently lost my library too. A reboot fixed it (not just a Roon server restart, reboot the machine).

That was on a Mac mini with external USB hard drive.

YMMV.

I had an unexpected (complete) rescan start today.

As I was also missing a playlist - and seemingly some other recently-added titles - I decided to go back to the last backup.
Luckily that was only at 0100 this morning, so it was extremely recent, and it restored flawlessly.

The rescan then either stopped, or skipped, or finished very quickly indeed - because scanning stopped.

Hi @Saeid_Babakhani ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your observation(s) with us. The feedback is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in my understanding of this behavior you are experiencing, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the details of your current setup (using this link as guide), being sure to verify where your musical collection is being stored/accessed from in your description.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

my library is stored on a QNAP TVS-871 media folders of which are added in roon. Roon core is installed on windows 10 Core i7 4930K with 3.2 gigs of RAM.

After latest update (1.3 build 262) when I open roon, there is nothing in the library and need to go to windows explorer open my shared folder so music appears in roon.

Please advise.

Thank you.
S.

Hi @Saeid_Babakhani ----- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested feedback. Both are appreciated!

Moving forward, can you verify how you are mounting the NAS in the application? A screenshot of your storage tab would be great!

-Eric