Roon (or my Mac?) crashing too often…

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini late 2012 with 2,5 GHz dual core Intel core i5, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, running with macOS Catalina version 10.15.7
Latest Roon update and build.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem is a Liberty Global Connect Box wired (through wall with approx 10m STP) connected to a Netgear GS308v3 switch, also connected directly to the modem is a Synology NAS DS209+II

Connected Audio Devices

Kef LS50 Wireless II and Bluesound Node2 from Netgear using Audioquest cables

Number of Tracks in Library

over 40.000 tracks 98% flac, but listening is mostly streaming via Qobuz.

Description of Issue

This morning Roon stopped suddenly (while streaming). This has happened before, in my experience it occurs once every three to four weeks.
I will try to attach a photo of the error report.
My question is how to read this and most importantly: is my Mac causing Roon to stop/crash or is it the other way around…?
Any help is welcome. Please see my other post; I like Roon a lot but having a few dissapointing issues so far, one solved last month but this remains.
Thx in advance!

Add images

1 Like

And today… guess what :rage:

Nobody had this same issues, or nobody any suggestions regarding the (for me jibberish) crash report…?

The first error message was something else, but the second one looks like it is this longstanding issue:

There is no fix for it yet, but the suggested workaround was to install Roon Server and run it as a separate process on the same Mac. It didn’t help everyone but in any case lessened the impact as at least the music doesn’t stop if the GUI crashes.

This separation of the server now is becoming the automatic default with the new update that is currently rolling out. Hopefully it will help you:

Ah thank you for this. Not sure if i should be happy about this but at least i know now i’m not alone…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.