Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys Velop —> Uptone EtherRegen —> Roon Nucleus

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Nucleus —> Marantz SA-10 —> Luxman 509X

Number of Tracks in Library

None

Description of Issue

How to fix it?

Since some music have been interrupted and then run to the next, or stop. Therefore, i try to reinstall the Roon OS.

Do anyone or supporter can solve my issue?

Hello @KWONG_KEITH ,

Thank you for reaching out and for your patience here. An exitcode 52 error is related to the installer script exiting abnormally. I activated diagnostics mode and it looks like your Nucleus is working again. Did you manage to resolve the issue somehow, and if yes, can you share what fixed it?

Thank you for your reply. I have download the ffmpeg to my computer then my nucleus is located again but the Roon Server software is still shown “Missing Codecs”.

Some of music is still interrupted and then run to the next, or stop intermittently.

You have to decompress the codecs twice.

The result -

You put them in the codecs folder, right?

To my knowledge, codecs only need installation on ROCK, not Nucleus:

Unless something went wrong with the update, maybe

Wondering how this was accomplished since Roon is complaining about missing codecs.

Well there was an installation error, so maybe something was broken already or broke during the update.

There were also cases in the past where Nucleuses suddenly reported as ROCK, also indicating some breakage. Who knows what can happen.

Just saying that normally a Nucleus has the codecs installed out of the box. (Apart from the above link, there are also several other posts by Danny saying this)

Thanks xxx. I did the same way

I am still concerning the interruption, so annoying!! Could anyone to help me?

Hey @KWONG_KEITH,

Ben with the support team here - as a next step, can you please give the Nucleus a hard reboot, and let me know if you run into the same issue?

We believe the issue may lie within the lack of population in the codec library, which should be cured with a proper reboot.

Let me know, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.