Roon problem loading music from tidal

Hello,
I have a problem playing music from Tidal. after selecting a song, it takes a very long time to load the music, and sometimes even ineffectively. I use roon on naim 222.
I didn’t have such problems before.
Roon na nuc11.

Hi @Zbigniew_Przyborowsk

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Roon rock installed on nuc11
Music from Tidal
Nuc 11 in the home network - Asus RT-AX86U router
Naim nsc 222 network player
Music control - iPad, iPhone 12 and Mac M1

1 Like

Have you rebooted everything from the network outward?

So I did the reset. nothing helped. there is still a problem. playback delay is 2 minutes or more.

Hi @Zbigniew_Przyborowsk,

Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry to hear about your Tidal playback issues.

If possible, could you please reproduce the issue and share the date, UTC time, and the name of the track playing?

And with that, if you’d like, we can enable diagnostics mode for your account, which will send over a set of logs from your Core device automatically, and then upload to our servers for analysis.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thank you!

Thank you, the logs have been sent to you with the alias of my roon account.
Generally, there was a problem with playing a dozen or so songs, but I will give you one CD to make it easier to find:
“Ralph Kaminski - Bal u Rafała” utwór - “Duchy”.
October 16, 2023 UTC time 20:00 - 21:00.

Hey @Zbigniew_Przyborowsk,

Thanks for the update!

We were able to review the logs, and see a handful of network errors happening between the time the track is queued to play and the time playback occurs.

How are both your Nuc and Niam connected to your network? It seems bandwidth is being throttled right before playback begins, which causes the Naim to migrate into a temporary sleep/pending setting.

Do you have another audio device you could test and see if the same issue occurs? Perhaps testing the system output on your Mac your iPhone may be an option.

Thank you for taking care of the problem.
Naim 222 and Nuc 11 are connected to the Asus Rt-ax86u router via ethernet. Asus downloads data from a 1Gb/s fiber optic network. I tested with Mac and iPhone. The problem was the same, and it affected different songs. You’re right, the Naim 222 was going into sleep mode. In the roon application I saw that the progress bar was still working but there was no music. In Tidal connect when connected to Naim 222, the problem did not occur. I was tempted to reinstall rock on hum, but I held off until your opinion. What is currently there is no problem yet. I didn’t do anything else.

Hey @Zbigniew_Przyborowsk,

Could you please try disabling any features related to multicast (unless it’s something like “enable multicast over wifi”) or IGMP snooping in your router settings, and let me know if your issues persist?

If your issues still persist, lets then refresh your RAAT Server database:

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.