Roon Radio "limit to library" also limits "play now" on artist page?

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus rev A
Version 2.0 (build 1272) production

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google Nest Wifi router → EtherRegen switch → Nucleus

Connected Audio Devices

DCS Rossini, ChromeCast Audio

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Can anyone else reproduce this?

When on an artist page for whom I have no tracks saved to my library AND “limit Roon Radio to library” is selected, the “play now” button on the artist page doesn’t work. I get nothing but the loading light bouncing back and forth in the playback bar. Same failure regardless of selected endpoint, Core reboot, and whether “play now” command is from Roon Remote on Macbook or Fire HD 10.

If this is not a bug, it seems weird to connect Roon Radio preference to the artist page “play now” behavior, as Roon Radio is about random serendipity listening, while artist page “play now” is about intentionally experiencing an artist?

Hello? Can someone at Roon confirm that this is intended behavior? Because it sure feels like a bug to me (and also to at least one other person who has encountered it).

1 Like

Hi @Fred_von_Lohmann1,

Please accept our apologies for the delay. We’ve reproduced your report internally and are investigating further. We’ll follow up here with next steps and any updates shortly.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.