Roon Radio only plays songs from library

I am also getting this error and I am of course hoping it would choose from the vast library of Tidal as well. A message that briefly appears is “Nothing similar to play!” And this happens every time even though I select an artist such as John Prine so how could that be?

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @john_Busch,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Also note that we have been investigating a similar issue that appears to be affecting a small number of our customers and is preventing them from using the Roon Radio feature. We have a ticket open with our development team and we are hoping to have a solution here soon!

My roon core resides on a Mac mini which also holds my music library. My network is all WiFi connecting to Squeezebox transporter touch and boom. I subscribe to tidal and qobuz.
After a couple of days with roon radio only playing songs in library it has worked for the last couple days drawing from tidal and qobuz too. So perhaps resolved?

Hi @john_Busch

We’ve made an update to our servers that we believe will help improve this. Can you give this another try and let us know if things are working for you now?

Your patience as we’ve looked into this has been greatly appreciated — Thanks!

The Roon Support Team

I’ve been using Roon radio regularly and it’s been working marvelously with tidal, qobuz and my library for a couple weeks now. Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.