Roon Radio repeats songs multiple times [Roon Investigating]

@mike , been streaming Qobuz/Tidal/NAS all day today; virtually every genre of music there is (okay, not much classical).Now listening to Radio seeded with Jon Batiste, and not a single repeat all day. To say we are thrilled is an understatement. Please thank whoever is working on this, and ask them to keep up the good work. My faith in Radio (THE best Roon feature, by far) is restored.

2 Likes

Only Jon Batiste or more Artists without coworking Jon Batiste?

Unfortunately, for Led Zeppelin… the Songs Remain the Same… :frowning:

@Uwe_Albrecht , we’d been listening to music seeded from a wide variety of genre’s (as I wrote in the post). My complete comment was “Now listening to Radio seeded with Jon Batiste”, which implied that we were listening to music at the time I posted it, which shows 8:17pm Sunday night.

1 Like

After one of many Pink Floyd’s albums is done playing Roon Radio has defaulted to “Time” on Dark Side of the Moon at least 8 times. Then it loops through 15 random songs and starts the same ones over again. Jefro Tull, Doors, AC/DC, eagles, etc.
Please let Roon out of its RUT.

Still getting repeats. I have Tidal. Playing songs similar to What Time is it by The Spin Doctors. It played Run-Around by Blues Traveler and then it played it again 9 songs later.

1 Like

One Headlight by The Wallflowers repeated after 22 songs, same Roon Radio queue as above.

Unfortunately my enthusiasm for Radiohead’s shuffle was shortlived:

Listened to Radio all day yesterday, seeded by “The Essential Van Morrison” last track “Close Enough for Jazz”. Not a single repeat.

I’ll repeat myself: please keep up the excellent work on Radio! We couldn’t be happier!

Qobuz/Tidal/NAS

2 Likes

Sometimes I will only have a single song in my queue and just let Roon Radio take over, but it will nearly always play the same song for that track.

For example, if I’ve just played Sam Fender’s album title track - seventeen going under, Roon Radio will automatically play The killers - Quiet Town, without fail.

Rock with Qobuz.

1 Like

No change here, roon radio after albums I play will play the same set of songs in the same order. Its super sad and makes me a sad panda. I think Roon have been looking at this issue for like 2 years so I am starting to think the issue has them beat.

1 Like

Same experience as each of @EGrant’s and @Gareth_Irwin’s.

How hard can it be to randomize without repeating over and over again from such a small selection of songs and artists?

Running the latest build with Tidal.

1 Like

Like @armandhammer I too documented this at a great amount of detail and PMed @jamie at his asking in Nov 2021. Never received any feedback.

1 Like

I’ll try that one. I’m always getting Pink Floyd’s Time or Doors LA woman when I have a classic rock bender

Really??? Is Nina trying to tell me something? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@mike , dang it! The first repeat I’ve noticed in many weeks. I really can’t complain, but I hope they’re still working on it. Many thanks to all for their hard work.

1 Like

At this stage they have been investigating far too long, this one is obviously insurmountable. To add fire to it, I was using tidal on my phone today and found a little button that gives you recommendations based on what you are playing, never spotted it before.

It is So Much Better than roon radio, jesus, in the space of an hour I discovered 4 artists I want to investigate further, rather than frigging genesis, a group I skip every time it plays something EVERY SINGLE TIME and yet RR still throws it up, like a half eaten kebab on a friday night, non the wiser, like a really thick AI or something. lol.

3 Likes

@Gareth_Irwin I would love to hear your other experiences. So far, Spotify has been the only really good way for me to break out of my previous listening space. Apple Music or Tidal only ever gave me what I had bought, imported, loved before or just acted myself before.

Maybe Tidal just has the disadvantage of coming after Spotify and not finding anything I haven’t already tried?

The good cook can do more than reheat dishes!

This is getting worse not better. For me it keeps playing the same small subset of artists, tracks and albums. It can start off well but then after about 10 tracks it starts to fall apart.

2 Likes

I share your experience unfortunately.

Starts off well and then clings onto a few artists and starts shuffling their albums.

3 Likes