Roon Radio Stoppages

The same thing happen to me for a week or so, I don’t know it is related with the latest update or not. I also have a problem on some live radio stations, the radio stops after 2-3 minutes and these problems might be related because I’m experiencing these problems for 1 or 2 weeks, before that all my roon experience was perfect.

1 Like

Hi @Ekincan_Simsek,

Welcome to the forum!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is this on a chromecast also?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
i5 8gb ram no ssd, Windows 10 and Roon 1.7 build 610,

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
core connected to the internet with ethernet/wifi
router: Xiaomi Mi WiFi AC1200 Router 4A Giga Version (50 mbps speed internet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Google home mini, google nest mini, CCA (all of them connected with 5ghz wifi)

**Library
Mostly on tidal, have flac files also

Description Of Issue

The problem started about 1 or 2 weeks ago, I can’t remember exactly when. First I realized that while listening to JB Radio, the radio started to stop after 2-3 minutes on every zones, but on zones I could see the playing animation but there was no sound. I thought it was JB radio problem like before, but some other radios are doing the same, but some other ones playing flawlessly, and it does not depend on the radio format like flac or mp3. Also I realized that while I’m playing a random song with roon radio, after a couple of songs, the next song does not start and I should press stop and play button to continue playing.

I tried all zones while core connecting to the internet with ethernet or wifi and nothing changed. Then I thought it might be a chromecast problem and tried to listen JB radio on my core computer but again the radio stops after a minute or so. Also while listening music from tidal or spotify directly casting to my speakers: no problem.

So any suggestions? By the way, nothing as hardware wise has changed before I got these problems.

1 Like

Hi @Ekincan_Simsek,

Are you saying that JB Radio was also failing when you tried to play to the internal speakers of the Core?

If you try to play only local media from your HDD/USB for a while, you see this issue occurring?

Can you clarify if the Core is on Ethernet or WiFi?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.