Roon radio's first automatically picked track is repeating a recently played track

Roon Core Machine

Roon version 2.0 (build 1311) on 2021 MacBook Pro / MacOS 14

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Simple WIFI

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos

Number of Tracks in Library

27,609 tracks

Description of Issue

As of late (a few days), Roon Radio is often starting with a track from the album that has just finished. It is rather annoying.
I’m talking about the “Automatically picked music based on your queue” function.
For instance I’ve just played the album Joao by Bebel Gilberto in full and the first track that Roon Radio picked when it was finished was track 5 from the same album. There is only one version of this album in my library, it was not from another album (which would be understandable).
This has happened to me a couple of times in the previous days.
This is the first time I’m noticing this. I don’t think Roon Radio’s algorithm was behaving this way before.
Is it just me or have others noticed this behaviour?

Radio has, for me, nearly always started with another track from the Artists last played. In fact, just tried it now and it did indeed pick as the first selection of Radio another track from the same artist.

I have noticed the “same artist” behaviour, but in this case it is a track from the same album, which is 7 tracks up in the playing history, meaning I’ve heard it 20 minutes before (22 minutes to be precise). It’s annoying considering the algorithm is picking from a nearly endless library (Qobuz).

I recently had an occurrence where Radio got stuck only giving choices within my library only even though I did not have it set that way. To clear, I cleared the Queue, turned OFF Radio. Played something in its entirety. Then with an empty Queue, I turned on Radio and tried a new song.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.