Roon ramdomly stops playing when using shuffle

I just listen to downloaded FLAC files…don’t use streaming services like Tidal etc.

I will try and just play the file to my MAC CPU and see if that is any different.

will try when I get home.

Thx again

1 Like

issue just occurred…track finished…next one loaded…track does not start playing.

occurred monday @ 18:53 1/14/19

Beoplay on 5g network

I am sending you ;ons from my controller (logs from iMac)

and the logs from my qnap was (logs from NAS)

thank you again for your help.

Logs from iMac.zip

Logs from NAS.zip

Hello @thomas_clark1,

Thanks for sending those logs over, I can confirm that we have received them.

I am not seeing anything wrong at the timestamp you have noted so I have asked QA to take a look, I will be sure to let you know once this reaches their queue and they have completed the evaluation of those logs.

Thanks,
Noris

same deal just now 0813 am

on shuffle …switches to next track…does not play

Hello @thomas_clark1,

Thanks for letting me know that new timestamp. Can you please upload the logs as you have zone so before? I spoke to QA regarding your case and they have a few questions as to narrow down the issue further:

1. Can you please try to reproduce this issue with non-airplay network zone (such as a Zone on your iMac)?
  2. Can you try to reproduce with another airplay network zone (if available)?
  3. Does this same issue occur with the A9 connected via Ethernet?
  4. Are you certain that this issue only occurs when using the shuffle command? If you select a long playlist and have it running in the background, does it still occur?

Thanks,
Noris

Before i went to bed I had Roon playing on my IMAC desktop.

When I woke up it was not playing and had stopped mid way through a track.

this indifferent in that previously it would only stop when the track changed

new logs just uploaded

IMAC LOGS.zip

NAS LOGS (2).zip

thank you

trying the playlist idea today as well

Hello @thomas_clark1,

Thank you for uploading those logs, I have submitted them to QA for analysis. Please let me know how the playlist test goes and if you are able to connect the Beowulf speakers via Ethernet that would give us a good data point as well.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi
things have been going well in the last 24 hours
Have been on shuffle and no stopage of play.
The only thing I have done differently is switched audio output to my A9 to Chromecast.
I dont really know what Chromecast is but since switching to playing to A9 via that route it has been great.i have a sense it should not matter re: the chromecast
Big test will be to c if it is still going when i get home from work
Thx

too bad…returned home from work…no music going.

track stopped at 34 sec.

play button avail to press play…i hit play and it starts right up from where it had stopped.

was a good long run of interrupted shuffle play

I have my A9 plugged into a Amped wireless extender via ethernet cable.

alway s have …is this what you mean by plugging in the A9?

Hello @thomas_clark1,

Yes, plugging in the A9 via Ethernet cable was my suggestion. Can you confirm if this behavior only happens with shuffle turned on or does it also happen if you are playing off a long playlist?

Thanks,
Noris

Cant say at this point …will let u know

woke up this morning after leaving it shuffle playing all night

track at beginning …0:00 …pause icon showing making it seem it is playing.

equalizer graphic b=next to track title moving like the track is playing.

no sound…no time passing on counter …stands at 0:00

Started suffering again and it music started playing.

will try the non shuffle test today

Hi @Thomas_clark1,

We have recently released Roon Version 1.6. Can you please give the update a try and let me know if the same issue still occurs afterwards? I would also do the long playlist test as I mentioned in a few of my posts.

Thanks,
Noris

I will do that.

I made a long playlist and when not shuffling it payed fine for about 24 hours. It had stopped in the middle of a track but the message about updating was displayed and Im not sure if that would have interrupted a playing track???

Noris-
I think things OK.
I did upgrade to your latest version.
Perhaps that fixed it???
I shuffled my entire library for about 24 hours with no pause in play.
So maybe we are good.
I did upgrade to the latest mojave this morning and have sum fear that will screw everything up but that is paranoia based in my luck with computers.
I appreciate all your help and will let you know if i have problems with this issue in the future

1 Like

Hello @thomas_clark1,

Glad to hear that Roon 1.6 has helped with this issue. We have made some improvements under-the-hood in Roon 1.6 which seems like it helped you so far. If this issue re-occurs do let me know.

Thanks,
Noris

of course.
left roon on shuffle over night…woke up and playing had stopped at the begin of a track (after it had switched)

Any thoughts?