only wifi are the phones and computer remote

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian MC200
Meridian MS200 x2
Meridian 218

Number of Tracks in Library

under 4000

Description of Issue

In. the last couple of months Roon just disappears for no reason, sometimes while music is playing. I can also listen for a bit stop for an hour and it won’t come back. rebooting nuc solved it at first but not guaranteed anymore

I can get the " something’s not right" screen so I click on “select a different core.
Immediately I get my core as a choice but clicking on it brings up the " waiting for roon core”

Sometimes it comes back, sometimes not.

My daughter calls me at work to say it’s down so I connect via arc, it connects and now she can also. If it doesn’t come back immediately it’s usually down for a while and its web ui is also down.

Update.

Got home, Roon still ok then it stopped. ( same description as above ) no web ui also. Before rebooting noticed the leds at the Ethernet port were off. Unplugged the cable and replugged, after a minutes or so Roon is back and the web II says it’s been up for 2 days.

Has no-one ever had similar issues?

I guess I’ll take another look at the network side.

Hi @Gino ,

Do you by any chance have XFinity Constant Guard turned on?

What kind of switch is it? Is it managed or unmanaged? Managed switches have sometimes caused issues with Roon, as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide:

HI, thanks for the info. ON my end it’s called advanced security and yes it was on. I’ve just turned it off and will see how that goes. Do you know how this affects or interacts with the firewall settings that are accessible through the web portal? I’ve left that setting on minimum.

I have a managed switch elsewhere in the network but all my audio gear runs through an unmanaged one.

Thanks again

1 Like

@Gino - Yes, do let me know if there is any improvement.

I am not sure,but you may want to ask Xfinity support to confirm.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.