Roon Ready certificate for Buchardt A500

I agree, and it sounds like Roon have it in hand for the future, by blocking the use of the Roon logo.
Mine was not painful, more of I wantef it, but I can wait just in case it never happened. And Matrix did make a few announcements about the progress.

I think the pain point for people on the Sept cut off should have included some kind of larger beta test group who are prepared to accept that there will be issues.

It sounds like Roon have got serious about the quality of implementation now as they were being blamed for shoddy bugs in third party equipment by frustrated owners. Hopefully it will be better for the next lot of equipment.

1 Like

I got bored of waiting for Roon certification for the hub and ended up using Ropieee XL into the hub’s USB. My Subjective opinion is that both Roon and Spotify Connect sound better this way than over wifi and i no longer have the left channel scratching sound that plagues all 96/24 music.

Are you still able to control the Buchardt‘s volume via Roon app that way?

Yes, but not very well…

The volume slider in Roon only seems to register volume changes at around 10 discrete points. I’m sure this is just a bug with the current hub firmware though.

I did not try with a RPi, because I dont have one at hand right now (I have several, but they are all put to a use). But I did try with my Auralic Aries Mini, connected to Buchardt stereo hub via USB. It really sounded a bit better than the hub connected to my router directly via WiFi. But I did not find any setting that would still enable me to use the volume control via Roon App when using the “detour” through the Auralic Aries. And with a wireless speaker system in 2021 I really dont want to look for and use remote controls anymore :slight_smile:

In the Roon configuration for the Auralic, set the volume output to ‘Device’ and you should be able to use the Roon app volume control.
However it might behave in the same manner as my RPi and only give around 10 volume steps rather than 100.

@kwangomango
Did not work for me. Tried this in combination with hardware or software volume in the Aries. None has worked. I am getting a fixed output level which cannot even be adjusted with the Buchardt remote.

Ah, ok.

Buchardt remote disables volume for USB by default. With USB input selected, hold down the mute button on the Buchardt remote until the indicator light flashes.

June 28…still waiting.

1 Like

On their forum, Status of current development/products and new Buchardt Audio products in development - Buchardt Audio, one finds

• Roon ready Status: Being developed. Timeframe: Middle of July
1 Like

Yeah…well.

1 Like
  • Roon ready Status: Being developed. Timeframe: August

Yeah…well.

Once Buchardt supplies Roon with firmware that will allow the model to pass the certification tests, Roon will certify it. But, it is entirely up to any manufacture to make the unit pass. Roon will never certify a unit that doesn’t pass, and they shouldn’t.

The latest firmware is currently with Roon for testing.

Platin said on 5th August that they are now awaiting a response from Roon, I would infer from previous posts from them that they have completed the changes Roon required and that the hub is undergoing final testing and (hopefully) approval by Roon.

1 Like

Given Platin’s track record of fixing bugs but introducing new ones, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the ball ends back in Platin’s court after Roon’s current round of testing.

I was told the hub was first sent for certification back in December last year…

If the firmware corrected ALL problems, it will pass. Otherwise, Buchardt will need to again revise the firmware to address any lingering problems. Only testing will tell.

Nobody is suggesting Roon should authorize a product that doesn’t pass testing. …and everybody gets how the testing/certification works. Probably best to respond authoritatively for products you actually have knowledge of. This is on Platin.

I guess this is a cold case now… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it? Did I miss news?