Roon Ready Certification for WiiM

How long does it take Roon to certify products like WiiM for Roon ready support?

1 Like

Typically Roon do not comment, commit or offer any timelines to certification.
Best advice is to buy gear for what it’s certified for now and not what it might be in the future.

3 Likes

@Paula_Dickerson
This is from the WiiM site:

I would take it with a grain of salt as Roon has historically been very “thorough” in evaluations. So It may take a while.

2 Likes

Hegel took about two years.

1 Like

Your best bet is to ask WiiM for their status.

Bought the WiiM Pro to replace the Rpi4, hope Roon Ready licensing is soon ready !

There is no telling how long it will take. I don’t buy anything until the features I want are there. That is why I have not yet purchased one.

1 Like

Using now the very good native Wiim app, from server Plex

That should be the question, not making it specific to WiiN. It is a valid question as to why it takes so long and what may be involved in certification that takes months and months after a manufacturer submits their tested product to Roon? This will help us consumers determine if when a manufacturer says their product has been submitted for certification whether they are just blowing smoke up our chimneys.

That’s like saying how long does it take to pass a driving test. If you’re quick to learn and pass first time, it’ll be a few weeks. But for some it takes a lot longer.

There are threads in the forum where Roon have said that certification is very fast with some manufacturers, and less so with others. They also stated that manufacturers shouldn’t announce certification until it is in the bag.

Buying on a promise is a risk, which is why you should go by the official list.

https://roon.app/en/partners

1 Like

I picked up a Wiim Pro, and have been using it via Chromecast. Very pleased so far, as it’s much more stable than my Sonos Port was with Roon - either with the Sonos protocol or with Airplay. That said, I’m hoping for Roon certification soon. I figure the Wiim Pro will become even more popular if/when that happens, so I took a small leap of faith and grabbed one now. :grinning:

1 Like

WiiM Pro has got Roon Ready status as of today.

Gotcha, a late April Fools day joke. :person_facepalming:

I too am waiting until WiiM Pro gets certified. I have the Mini already, but got it cheaper than it is normality sold for.

4 Likes

I finally got my WiiM Pro and hooked it up today. Sounds great (I also have the ol’ Mini which is now relegated to the kitchen). Roon via Chromecast to the Pro is working very very well … and it’s gapless! So far a very stable connection, and very happy it has ethernet. Getting closer to the dream … (Roon Ready on the Pro : )

1 Like

What might Roon Readiness bring to this device? Is it reasonable to expect that it will mean no longer being limited by Airplay 2 for wireless streaming?

Either a glitch or it’s coming soon

3 Likes

You aren’t limited to Airplay from Roon as the Pro already supports Chromecast for 24/96 gapless playback .
It will mean having more devices on RAAT so potentially being able to group more devices if you have multiple RAAT device and not having to worry about future Chromecast updates causing issues.

1 Like

I’m not sure how to switch from Airplay to Chromecast on my Mac Roon server. Is that an option?

On your Roon Remote app, got to settings > audio and scroll down. You should see it as WiiM and show Chromecast.

In the WiiM Home app, select the settings gear cog on the WiiM Pro in question. You’ll see Chromecast half way down. Click on it and it should show this.

That’s it

4 Likes

Nice Stack you have there :grinning:
And a nice share as well :+1:

(soon I will have some :heart: back)

1 Like

Can’t wait to get home to try it out!

1 Like