ROON Ready network player DAC with MQA, 32 bit 768kHz and DSD 512 native around 8k. A wired network will be preferable

Team,

Please suggest a ROON Ready network player DAC with MQA, 32 bit 768kHz and DSD 512 native?

A DAC which can handle the requirement using a wired network will be preferable.

XLR Output to connect powered speakers.

Regards,
Tushar.

3 Likes

Lumin X1 I think fits your list of requirements.

3 Likes

Hi @Rugby,
Honestly, Lumin X1 is above my budget, I would prefer around 8k.

Matrix Element-X should work for you.

4 Likes

Off the top of my head, the only device that does MQA + 32bit/768kHz PCM + DSD512 via Roon Ready with an MSRP under $7k is the Cary Audio DMS-550. If I’m missing something I’m sure someone else will chime in :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Has all the features, but the AKM is not the new one… Shortlisted the model though.

Any more recommendations…

Teac NT-505

1 Like

What you are looking for is a streamer with an integrated DAC.

You can take a look at Auralic, almost all of them, if you can live with 32/384 PCM (if only because they have put MQA in the lossy section and it’s worth buying one :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The product fits my budget & expectations, except it cuts of at 384. I can live with it… Let me see if i receive any more recommendations… Thank you.

Lumin T2 also limits to 384 but will do DSD 512, and it sounds absolutely fantastic.

4 Likes

The Product is similar to Aurolic … Shortlisted… Thank you.

You should go back and update your first post with at least your budget, any chipset preferences and also what output options and network connections you are prepared to consider

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I have updated the post.

1 Like

NT-505 supports DSD512 from USB input.
NT-505 supports up to DSD128 over network (RAAT).

1 Like

Auralic is not running a certified MQA decoder. They make it clear it is not MQA-created or MQA-licensed:

However, you may use Roon Core to do the MQA Core decoding if you wish to use a non-MQA streamer or DAC. You only lose the MQA rendering.

2 Likes

hello @GKern

What is the sampling rate supported by MAtrix Element - X over Ethernet?

Similar, but not quite the same. Auralic devices do not serve to fully decode MQA streams/files, if this is important to you. In my experience with Lumin T2, the MQA decoding is outstanding, and sounds indistinguishable from native hi-res files of the same bit depth and sample rate. YMMV.

1 Like

not quite the higher end spec you asked but consider the Mytek Manhattan DAC II as in budget, MQA cert.

I have the Brooklyn DAC+ and it is a wonderful DAC. I didn’t buy for the phono stage, which if truth be said very poor, but I have a high end vinyl system already.

2 Likes

Hello @Paul_Frank , I had a look at the product, checks all the boxes. The ethernet is an add-on & restricts to 24/192… Is that the maximum sampling via ethernet irrespective of the brand?