ROON Ready network player DAC with MQA, 32 bit 768kHz and DSD 512 native around 8k. A wired network will be preferable

I don’t own one, but here are the specs:

You may also want to review this (and I am sure someone would answer your question):

1 Like

I am no network guru but my understanding is that audio over IP is only possible using an IP audio codec (AoE) that uses audio compression algorithms to send high fidelity audio over wired IP networks. So it maybe that is the issue, or the use of standard Ethernet hubs and switches that other data passes through maybe an issue?
email addresses are here: https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/contact/
Also there is a Facebook group “Mytek Digital Users Group” maybe ask to join that?

1 Like

I was under the impression that since these products come under network streamer and are Roon ready, they should be able to handle the digital audio via Ethernet/WiFi. If that is not the case and these devices need a USB/SPDIF etc as input for MQA, DSD 512 etc then I need to start fresh. Currently, I have an iFi Pro iDSD which is directly connected to N+ via USB.

[quote=“Tushar_das, post:23, topic:124783, full:true”]
I was under the impression that since these products come under network streamer and are Roon ready, they should be able to handle the digital audio via Ethernet/WiFi. If that is not the case and these devices need a USB/SPDIF etc as input for MQA, DSD 512 etc then I need to start fresh. [/quote]

Lumin T2 does not need this. Ethernet to T2 (note, Lumin does not do WiFi), XLR from T2 to Hegel H190. Native 384PCM and DSD512.

2 Likes

I have the Buchardt A500. I guess i don’t need an amplifier. I have shortlisted the T2 & RS-150 from Rosehifi.

1 Like

These are officially not Roon Ready yet…but it is coming we are led to believe - but I guess you have been here before and maybe with the A500 been hit twice :cry:

1 Like

There’s no need to compress audio on Gigabit Ethernet: a 6 channel DSD512 stream would be about 250 Mbps uncompressed. Not a problem with decent networking hardware, at least wired. Doing that sustained for an hour on WiFi would be a pretty good trick.

Many, but not all, DACs with built-in streaming functionality (i.e., come with Ethernet and/or WiFi) share DSD64 and 192/24 PCM limits on their network interface, but can support higher data rates on other interfaces, most commonly USB. I might conjecture that if you opened said DACs up there would be a decent chance of finding the same or very similar streaming modules from one or a small number of OEMs.

1 Like

@ddean I agree with you… All the research I’m doing tells USB has higher sampling rate, and on Ethernet it is 24/192… Looks like, T2 & RS-150 supports high sampling rate on their ethernet. I need to confirm this piece of information.

This is increasingly untrue. The direction of travel is ethernet rather than USB, and that is where the the sound quality gains are happening.

1 Like

Very exotic requirements. You are likely better with separates. An ‘all-in-one’ that supports all of your requirements is likely very expensive or maybe compromised is one or more areas. I assume your library contains enough extreme-hires files to make an investment like this prudent.

1 Like

That’s the limitation of the common OEM network boards used by a number of audio manufacturers.

We do our own design so we’re not limited by it.

1 Like

Cocktail Audio X45Pro

1 Like

There’s also the DMS-600 ($6995) with a more advanced DAC chip. I have one, and it’s beautiful.

2 Likes

@James_Morrison, AKM chipset, my preferred. What is the maximum sampling rate over ethernet with DMS-600?

Here’s the information on Cary’s very informative Web site: NETWORK, USB, SD CARD PLAYBACK

Playback Format Supply .dsf, .dff (DSD64, 128, 256, 512), .aif, .aiff, .alac, .flac, .m4a, .mp4, .wav, .ape, .mp3, .aac, .wma, .ogg, .asf
Frequency Range 2 Hz – 125 kHz
Signal System 16, 20, 24, & 32 bit PCM and 1 bit DSD
Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz to 384 kHz PCM and 2.822MHz – 22.5792 MHz DSD
1 Like

hi @James_Morrison so the AKM in 600 is advanced than the sabre in X45-pro?

I have no idea. Maybe you could contact the Cary people and ask them.

1 Like

You could consider separates. The Lumin U1 transport will do what you want, then add a DAC. The Holo Audio Spring 2 (for example) will keep you in your price range. Separates will do a better job keeping you out of the Digital obsolescence situation. I’m looking into the MSB Discreet DAC too.

1 Like

@John_Kaster
That is a wonderful solution. The N+ can be placed elsewhere and doesn’t have to be in the vicinity of the DAC anymore. Thank you so very much. I’m a newbie in this wonderful world of high-end music. So, I keep asking noob questions in the forum, sorry about it.

2 Likes

Hi @John_Kaster , Do we need a U1 if I go for MSB DAC, the website says the MSB renderer can handle PCM 32/768, MQA & 4X DSD… That is everything I want…