Roon refuses to import a small number of FLAC files present on my Zenith (Innuos) hard drive

@support
Except for the problem above, the Roon software functions as designed.

System Information:
InnuOS music server v1.3.1
Roon v1.3 (64-bit)
MacBook Pro using mac OS High Sierra v10.13.1
Approximately 300 FLAC files have been uploaded into the Zenith

Hi,
Does this help?
FAQ: Some of my files aren’t showing up in Roon.

Do the missing files/tracks show up here Settings–>Library–>Skipped Files?

The Skipped Files folder is empty.

My files do not correspond to any of the possible causes listed here.

Hi,

do the missing files have anything in common, such as file type, size, location, resolution, sample rate etc? And just to be clear, is it 300 missing out of a much larger number or are there only 300 on the server and none show up?

I uploaded to the Zenith server my music collection of 200 CDs, originally transferred from reel-to-reel tapes using the same CD burner: Tascam CDRW900 MK II Professional. As far as I can tell, they are consistent with respect file type (FLAC), size (700 MB), location, etc

To clarify: My music collection consists of approximately 200 CDs. Of these, I classified 37 under the genre “Rehearsal”. Of the 37, only 10 CDs are visible under the Rehearsal category in Roon, although they all appear under the “All Discs” category.

So, really they all imported.

1 Like

They may be imported, but they’re not visible in the Genre subfolder to which they were assigned.

Yes, but you said they weren’t being imported and shooting an import problem is focused in different directions than shooting a problem with categorization.

Doesn’t matter to me, just slows down the resolution of your problem.

@Carl, not an import problem.

1 Like

Now that the issue has been clarified, do you know why it is happening?

So you see these albums in the album browser? Are the genres displayed on the album page?

Generally speaking, genre titles and FLAC files appear to be appropriately assigned, but the one genre I frequent most (Rehearsal) contains only a fraction of the total that should be present.

Can you post some screenshots of where you’re expecting to see these albums or genres?

(Screenshot instructions are at the end of this post)

Well, this is embarrassing. I just realized that there’s a tab for viewing all 37 files in the Rehearsal genre that I overlooked before. We can close this case now. Thank you.

2 Likes

Happens to the best of us, no worries.
I’ll unlist this topic.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.