Roon Remote app Crashes on Mac Studio M1 Max 10/32/32/2TB

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 10i7FNHN Roon ROCK

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hard wired Ethernet on an NetGear Switcher to ASUS RT-AX86U

Connected Audio Devices

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3, ARCAM ST60 and BlueSound NODE.

Number of Tracks in Library

8000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Roon Remote app crashes at start 3 out of 10 times in my Mac Studio M1 Max 32GB RAM. This is happening since I got my Mac Studio 3 weeks ago. It happened with 918, 933, 935 and now with 936. Most of the time I get the “Looking for Roon Core” message for about 3 secs then Roon starts or it crashes. Then I get a report with the option to Cancel or Reopen Roon app. If I press Reopen, Roon starts successfully. BTW, Roon is the only app that crashes on my Mac Studio. Private Relay is disable in my Mac Studio as well. Mac Studio is running macOS 12.3.1 Monterrey.

Just uploaded my LOGS after a recent crash.

Posted this support request 4 days ago and no response from Roon Staff yet. I guess that’s what happens when you are a lifetime Roon subscriber. You are not going anywhere so who cares if Roon crashes…

Hi @Enrico_Castagnetti,

Thank you for your considerable patience, and I’m very sorry that it’s taken our team a few days to circle back on the Remote crash issue you’ve been experiencing. I know how frustrating it is to be minus a Remote and without a timeline for resolution. We’re on the case and will respond with more information as soon as possible.

I appreciate you taking the time to upload the logs. While technical support investigates those, would you mind specifying the model of NetGear switch you’re using in your setup? Is it a managed switch?

Has anything else in your network setup changed significantly since your previous post here?

I’ll be watching for your response, and we’ll take it from there.

It’s a GS105 unmanaged. Nothing has changed in my setup other than the 2017 iMac 5K to Mac Studio M1 Max.

A post was split to a new topic: Crash on Mac Studio Max

My issues got fixed with the release of Build 970. I would recommend you opening a new support ticked so @Connor can take care of your issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.