Roon remote cannot see the device as one of the audio zones

Hello,

I’m within the last two days of Roon my trial. The experience so far is superb, but I have two glitches that really make me rethink if I will keep the service:

• Roon remote app is not seeing the core when relaunched after some time
  • Roon remote app is not seeing the iPhone or MacBook as audio zones

I will described the first issue at another topic and here I launch a second topic for the second one.

Core:
Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 running innuOS ver 1.4.5
Roon Core Server integration with Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Core has the music library as well.

Network:
Core connected to LAN through Gb Ethernet to Cisco Switch provided by internet provider
Remote is using Wi-Fi network enabled by Netgear Orbi firmware V2.5.1.16

Audio Devices:
Using two Roon ready audio end points:

• Naim Audio Mu-so Qb2 version 4.2.0.6174 SDK 1.1.33 connected to Wi-Fi network
  • Naim Audio Uniti Nova version 3.4.0.4492 SDK 1.1.33 connected to LAN LAN through Gb Ethernet

Using as remotes:

• MacBook Pro 2012 macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
  • iPhone 7 iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
  • iPhone 11 pro iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Description Of Issue

When I check for audio zones in the remote app, I almost never see the device from which I am running the app as one of the Audio Zones. When I could see them I have set them to be NOT Private, so in theory I should be able see and play music to them from any remote. This feature is not working and is a major drawback for me as I would like to be able to have mobility when I’m listening to my fav music.

Best regards,
Tolga

A post was merged into an existing topic: My Roon Remote cannot see the Core