I’m within the last two days of Roon my trial. The experience so far is superb, but I have two glitches that really make me rethink if I will keep the service:
- Roon remote app is not seeing the core when relaunched after some time
- Roon remote app is not seeing the iPhone or MacBook as audio zones
I will described the first issue at another topic and here I launch a second topic for the second one.
Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 running innuOS ver 1.4.5
Roon Core Server integration with Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
Core has the music library as well.
Core connected to LAN through Gb Ethernet to Cisco Switch provided by internet provider
Remote is using Wi-Fi network enabled by Netgear Orbi firmware V188.8.131.52
Using two Roon ready audio end points:
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb2 version 184.108.40.20674 SDK 1.1.33 connected to Wi-Fi network
- Naim Audio Uniti Nova version 220.127.116.1192 SDK 1.1.33 connected to LAN LAN through Gb Ethernet
Using as remotes:
- MacBook Pro 2012 macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
- iPhone 7 iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
- iPhone 11 pro iOS version 13.6 running Roon version 1.7 (build 571)
Description Of Issue
When I check for audio zones in the remote app, I almost never see the device from which I am running the app as one of the Audio Zones. When I could see them I have set them to be NOT Private, so in theory I should be able see and play music to them from any remote. This feature is not working and is a major drawback for me as I would like to be able to have mobility when I’m listening to my fav music.