Roon remote crashes on connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu Linux ,latest Roon

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Allo Piano 2.1 dac with Raspberry PI 3B as roon endpoint.
Xiomi MI 2 , with Android Nougat for Roon Remote

Description Of Issue

As soon as remote connects to Roon Library and begins to show the home page it crashes.

Hi what device and OS is running the Roon Remote application?

Hi @Amit_Khare,

As @Carl suggested, can you confirm which remote device is experiencing this issue?

Any change after a reboot or reinstall?

Hi, as mentioned above, I am using a Xiomi MI 2 , with Android Nougat as Roon remote. Yes, I did a install , un-install and it did not have an impact. I have rebooted both the roon server and the phone multiple times, as of today.

Hi @Amit_Khare,

Does the Roon app on the Xioni freeze before it closes?

Are other remotes working okay for you?

Thanks for suggesting , on another phone , a Motorola G3, with older version of Android, remote is working …

Thanks for confirming, @Amit_Khare,

You’re likely experiencing a known issue that our team is currently working on. You can read more details about this here:

Is there a workaround , is there a web UI of any kind?

Hi @Amit_Khare,

There is no Web UI that can be used, unfortunately. For the moment, using another remote device is the best option. The team is hard at work on testing the solution for this and we hope to have it available very soon!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.