Roon Remote Image Saturation Issue - Lenovo M10 Android Tablet

Hi @noris ,

Hi guess the saturation/darkness might be a little bit less pronounced then initially. But as soon as I put the smartphone or computer side-by-side, no doubt that the issue was back.
I’ll try to save a screenshot and share.
Thanks!

Updated with screenshots.
Samsung S10

Lenovo M10 Tab

After comparing the two screenshoots, I conclude it’s the same as the initial problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots, @nimitz ! I’ve notified the team that the issue has returned, we are looking into this.

1 Like

Hi @noris,
Just to update that with build 970 no changes. Still having the colour/saturation issue.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @nimitz ,

Thanks for letting us know! I see that your ticket is still in the development queue, but I am wondering if you could by any chance grab a new set of your Android ADB logs? I have provided instructions on how to access this below:

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Please let me know if this is possible, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @noris
Done!
Let me know if you successfully read the file.

1 Like

Hi @nimitz ,

I was able to retrieve the file successfully and I’ve passed this on to the team, thanks!

Hi @noris,
Just to update that with build 987 no changes (smooth update by the way). Still having the colour/saturation issue.
I don’t get it. It was something already addressed with build 918, after a long wait.
For only two months! :worried:

Thanks

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Apple AirPort Extreme 2.4GHz Wi-Fi

Connected Audio Devices

Oppo 203 using coax output

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Using the new Android update (build 952) the colors aren’t being displayed properly. Contrast is wrong and everything is showing up darker than it should be.

Here is how it should look.

And this is how it looks now. Note how much darker it is. This is not correct.

The tablet I’m using is a Lenovo TB-8505FS

Hey @Neil_Bulk,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I’ve shared this with our developers who will take a deeper look into this issue.

While I don’t have an immediate remedy for you, I will certainly keep you in the loop on any updates made in regards to this issue :+1:

Let me know if you run into any other issues in the meantime!

1 Like

Hello @Neil_Bulk ,

I spoke to our dev team regarding this issue, and the devs mentioned that having Android ADB logs can be helpful to debug this further. Can we kindly ask that you:

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Herramienta de línea de comandos Logcat  |  Desarrolladores de Android  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry @noris I’m not smart enough to figure this out. All I know is that when the app was updated it broke the contrast. No other app on my tablet has this issue, so it’s a roon bug. I know you fixed something with Samsung android tablets. I don’t know if it’s coincidence or not, but now my Lenovo tablet doesn’t display properly. I’ll keep trying to solve this but it seems strange that I have to do this tweaky tech stuff to sort out your broken software.

1 Like

Hi @Neil_Bulk ,

Thanks for letting us know. We have an active ticket regarding this behavior and have a few related reports, so we will try to use the logging gathered from the other reports in hopes that it helps with your case as well. As per policy, I am unable to prove a timeline of when work in this area will be completed, but we are aware of this and it is in our development queue, thanks!

2 Likes

Adding to this report, same behaviour here.

As can be seen Roon app renders not only images, Esther THE whole GUI much darker than Bluesound app.
The tablet is a Lenovo M8 HD which otherwise is okay as a Roon remote.
(Lenovo TB-8505F)

2 Likes

Hi @Mikael_Ollars , @nimitz , @Guinnless , @Neil_Bulk ,

This ticket has reached the developement queue and our devs are looking into this issue. Can I kindly ask that you submit a new set of ADB logs if possible? Analyzing the new ADB traces on the latest Roon release can be helpful, I have provided instructions in my earlier post, copied again here:

Any questions just let us know, thanks!

Hi @noris

New log file uploaded with Roon.

Yepp, same here. ADB log uploaded.

1 Like

Hi guys,

It seems Roon 2.0 solve it. Let’s see if definitely.

@noris can you confirm it was specifically address in 2.0?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @nimitz ,

I’m glad to hear that it helped in your case!

Yes, Roon 2.0 had a change in this area. Unfortunately, it seems that @Mikael_Ollars may still be impacted by this, as he reported in another thread. I’ll leave this thread open just a bit longer until the thread is fixed on his end as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.