Roon Remote Image Saturation Issue - Lenovo M10 Android Tablet

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK / Version 1 (build 227)

Remote Tablet
Lenovo TB-X306F - Tab M10 HD Plus - 10.1 / Android 10 / Roon Version 1.7 (build 610)

Description Of Issue

Hi,

I’m reaching you for some help with Roon on an Android Tab, and as suggested by Rebeka.

I use Roon on a Samung Galaxy S10 (outstanding image definition), and on the HP laptop running Windows 10 (2004), to control my Roon Core.
On both devices the Roon imagem is outstanding.
Last week I bought a Lenovo Tab M10 HD just for Roon Remote. Sadly the Roon image quality is poor (poor contrast and colour saturation). For instance, the album covers are really bad, but in the same device, on the Tidal App, the exact same cover is perfect.
I searched in the community, and found something similar, but with no further develops (Roon Interface was too dark - #6 by ivan).

Can you please advise?

Many thanks.

Hi @nimitz,

Thanks for reaching out! Can I please ask that you submit a screenshot of what you are seeing on the Lenovo Tab vs your HP Laptop?

Is there any change in behavior if you reinstall the Roon app on the Lenovo Tab? What are the display and scaling settings you are using on the Lenovo, can you share a screenshot of this as well?

Any questions, just let me know, thanks!

Hi @noris,

Screenshots >>

Roon on Laptop HP:

Roon on Samsung S10:

Tidal on Lenovo M10 HD Tablet:

Roon on Lenovo M10 HD Tablet:

It was one of the first things I tried: reinstall Roon app on Lenovo Tab.
I already tried every possible display setting with no effect (even messed around with “Developer options” also without success).

I tried to cover every possibility I could think of, before reaching you guys.
Hopefully I’m missing something, and it’s something simple to solve.

Fingers crossed!

Many thanks.

Best regards.

1 Like

Hi @nimitz,

Thank you for submitting those screenshots, this is helpful! Regarding next steps here, I would be curious to know what the Roon logs show.

I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers next time your Lenovo tablet is online.

Can I please ask that you use your Lenovo tablet with Roon for at least a few minutes and let me know here once you have had another Roon session on the tablet? Afterwards I can check out servers for the log report.

Hi @noris,

Thank you very much.

I´ve been using Lenovo tablet for the last 5-7 min.
I’ll leave it with Roon running, although the screen will go off after a few minutes.

Please, let me know if you need something else.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @nimitz,

Thanks for opening the Roon app on the tablet, unfortunately though the report still has not reached our end.

I just tried to disable and re-eable diagnostics on the tablet, can you please give the Roon app on it another try and let me know?

Hi @noris,

I’m not at home right now.

But the use of the tablet, is just let the Roon app running?
How the logs are generated and collected from your side? Some specific folder I could look on the tablet?

Thanks.

Best regards

The knowledge base is very knowledgeable :slight_smile:
https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/logs#:~:text=You%20can%20get%20the%20logs,->%20Apps%20->%20Roon.

Thanks @ged_hickman1

I’m aware of core folder structure. :wink:
I usually make some cleanup (old logs, temp files, etc.) on core.
But @noris is trying to collect logs from tablet, just running roon remote, not from core (ROCK in my case).

My mistake, apologies.

Please Ged, I appreciated it.
Every help is welcome.

I “think” they turn on diagnostics and then a copy of whatever gets written locally (I have no idea where on a tablet) gets written up to the roon servers as well.

That makes sense.

Hi @nimitz,

That is correct, we enable diagnostics mode for your device and then your Roon app should upload the logs to our servers. I’m still not seeing the log report come in yet though. If this doesn’t work, there’s a way to get manual Android logs via ADB, but it is a bit more complex, so let me know when you use the tablet again and I’ll recheck for the automatic logs.

Hi @noris

I’ve been using Roon app on Lenovo tablet for the last 10 minutes or so.
I did some operations (remove / add álbuns, playing music, etc.).

Thanks.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @nimitz,

Looks like the Lenovo automatic logs came in this time around! Let me get these logs over to the team for closer review and once I have more feedback on your case, I’ll let you know!

1 Like

Hi @noris,

Great news!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @noris

Any development?
Just to let you know that I updated ROCK to build 710 with no effect on the Lenovo issue.

I would love to have the tablet fully operational for holidays.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Hi @nimitz,

@noris is having some internet issues today, but I can confirm that we discussed this with our QA team yesterday and they’re continuing to look into this. I can’t provide any specific timelines, but it’s something we are looking into. We’ll be in touch when we have more information. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @dylan

Many thanks for the update.

Best regards.