SSD 870 QVO SATA III 2.5 inch 8TB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Silent Angel Bonn N8 Network Switch

Connected Audio Devices

PS Audio DirectStream DAC Bridge II > ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

59000 plus tracks

Description of Issue

On my Samsung S22, after I update it to One UI 6 / Android 14 yesterday, the Roon colours/saturation became odd and difficult to look at.
Very (if not exactly the same) similar to:

Roon was the only installed app affected by the update.
On every other Roon controller (the Lenovo tab from the old topic, and several Windows computers) everything is ok.
Even on the Samsung S22 with the issue, on Roon ARC everything is ok.
Image from the Roon ARC on S22 after the One UI 6 update:

Image from the Roon on S22 after the One UI 6 update:

I can’t rollback Android version.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Hi,

Any feedback / help, please?

Thanks.

One week without any reply. :confused:
Is this already the Roon/Harman service speaking?
Is it possible to have some kind of feedback on how to proceed?
Thanks

It often takes two weeks or more to get a response, especially for non-critical issues. They are busy. Harman has nothing to do with it. They just now announced the purchase. Do you really think Harman is already involved in the day to day Roon operations?

I hope not.
From previous experience, at least an initial ping used to happen.
Yes, I bet the guys are really busy.

Still no update for this issue, and I’m still not having a good Roon experience.

PS:
On another note, since the last Roon update for Android (V2.0 build 1352) that the APP stops responding if not in use (on every Android device I tested).
We must really close Roon APP, and open it again.

This is a forum from users for users. However, you can tag support, if you think you need technical assistance from Roon tech staff.

If you don’t get answers from users on your post might possibly mean, no one else has this problem.

@Stefan_Mauron - you are not entirely correct. The Support categories of the forum are monitored by the Support team of Roon Labs. New posts in these categories are automatically registered with the Support team. They operate a queue system, so it can be some time before a request for support reaches the head of their queue.

In the meantime, since the posts are public, knowledgeable users can post replies if they know how the issue can be resolved.

2 Likes

Thanks Geoff.

Hi, similar issue as in this topic started occurring after update to Android 14/One UI 6.0.
I have European version of S22 with Xclipse 920 GPU. Strangely enough only Roon Remote is affected as ARC is fine:

Restarting app/phone, re-installing Remote and clearing its cache made no difference.
Wondering is anyone else is experiencing the same.

3 Likes

Hello, the problem also exists with my Samsung S22 (the same as yours).

2 Likes

Hi @nimitz, @JLZ_Heos, @Michael_Schmitt:

Thank you for your patience as we worked through the queue.

What are your font style and zoom settings on this device?

The One UI 6.0/Android 14 update included new default fonts, zoom settings, and some other backend changes that might affect brightness and, potentially, overall rendering. That ARC would handle these changes differently is unsurprising and gives QA a handle to diagnose the issue, since it points to the GUI component of the Remote. We’ve encountered issues before with Android / Samsung updates.

Do you have any disability settings active? What about dark vs. light mode? Please confirm all relevant settings, and we’ll pass them on to development. We’ll post here once we’ve investigated further.

Ok it isn’t an isolated issue, it’s clearly a S22 / Roon Remote issue.

Hi @nimitz,

The evidence suggests that it’s specific to the S22-series handling of the One UI 6.0 and Android 14 update. We’re investigating. Please update if you have new symptoms, but we want to keep the staff post above visible to other users.

1 Like

No odd settings in my case, neither disability settings.
Same behavior dark or light mode.

1 Like

Thanks for chime in @connor

1 Like

Thank you for the report @nimitz! I will post here with relevant updates.

@nimitz, @JLZ_Heos, @Michael_Schmitt: A set of Roon logs from the affected Android device may prove helpful to our QA team.

At your convenience and only if you feel technically equipped, are you able to provide us with the following?

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool | Android Studio | Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

Upload link: https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks!

1 Like

Done:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

The team needs an additional puzzle piece here at your convenience. There’s a graphics driver firmware setting specific to Samsung phones causing this issue. We need to compare ADB logs from the Android 14 operating system to RoonServer/Roon Remote logs to isolate the bad behavior in Roon Remote’s graphical component.

For those of you who haven’t already, can you please first follow the steps above to access and submit ADB logs from the affected Samsung phone.

Then, please initiate a session on the affected Samsung phone in Roon and reproduce the issue. This will automatically generate a Roon Remote diagnostic report and send it to our servers for QA to compare.

Thank you!

@connor
Do you need any additional procedure from my side?
Thanks