Roon remote no longer works after updating Windows 10

Hi @Frank_Rome,

Thanks for sending those additional details! I spoke with the team again regarding your case and the Event Viewer logs are still suggesting that the ATI driver is failing when you are running into this issue in Roon.

In the screenshot you sent, it appears that you have sent the Intel Graphics information, it may help to see the ATI driver information as well. You can click on where it says “Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Forward Context 4.4)” and select the ATI driver from that list, please provide a screenshot of this:

One other tool which you can use here is this app called DDU to perform a clean reinstall of the ATI drivers on your PC, I have linked the instructions on how to use the tool below:

I am still having trouble accessing the recommended DDU. The issue is that the link takes me to the DRIVERsupport One website and will not let me continue without paying a USD 9.99 subscription first. Therefore, I used WinZip Updater instead. Please advise if there is another way of accessing this or do I actually need to pay for it?

I have provided a number of screenshots via dropbox including the continuing error message when launching the Roon App.

I will appreciate a faster turnaround. This issue has now been ongoing for months.

Regards,

Frank

If I go here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3300

and then click on ‘Official Download here’ I get the file and then use 7 Zip to unpack it

1 Like

Thank YOU!! The DDU program appears to have solved the issue. The Roon remote is now working on my PC.

Regards,

Frank

1 Like

Hi @Frank_Rome,

Thanks for letting us know that the DDU utility has resolved the issue for you, this is truly fantastic news!

I realize it took a bit of time to locate the source of the but I am glad that we were able to pinpoint it to the misbehaving driver.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but if you need any further assistance in the future, please just let us know, thank you!

Hi Noris,

I was too fast with the thanks. It worked for a couple of hours and froze. I closed the app and now when I open it I get the same error as before "Roon could not find WGL functions required to initialize OpenGL

Regards,

Frank

Rerunning DDU results in the Roon app working. I will let you know if the problem comes back again

I have now tested it more thoroughly.
The App works immediately after running the DDU, but only until the app is closed. Once closed it will not run again. I no longer get the error message about WGL functions, but it displays the quote and then disappears. This is the same issue I had back in August.
Regards,

Frank

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.