Roon remote on android phone not connecting to core

Roon Core Machine

Dell XPS 13, i7 10th Gen, 32GB RAM (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

MESH Orbi router

Connected Audio Devices

B&W Formation Duo

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Trying to connect to core running on the windows laptop, using OnePlus 6 android phone. Identifies core on laptop but just does not connect. Just keeps saying connecting, then failed then retries.

Hi Chris as a starter try this. I have Orbi Mesh and a Oneplus 9 pro and they work great.
With a oneplus 6 I would make sure you turn off app optimisation to stop Roon being swapped out of memory.

Also try turning the windows firewall off
There’s also an entry in the network kb article about a setting change on Orbi, so check that out as well

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hey @Chris_Moore,

We’re sorry for the delay in our response, it certainly was not our intention. I wanted to check in and see if you were still experiencing this issue? Did the suggestions from Michael help to find a solution?

If not, Michael also brought up a great point - Orbi Routers can cause communication issues if a certain setting is selected. You can check this out in our Networking Best Practices Guide. Please let us know if changing that setting does not help.

Thanks! :pray:t3:

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.